Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA launches "Season Ticket" program

Options
  • 02-08-2011 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭

This has only been announced for Madden 12 right now but chances are this will be for all their sports titles. It costs 2000 MS points a year (€25)

Early Full-Game Digital Access: Three days before a game’s scheduled release, fans will be able to download and play the full version of all five participating titles on Xbox 360 and PS3™**. The digitally downloaded game will time out when the game is available at retail and consumers have the option to purchase the same full game on disc at retail. EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers can transfer all achievements earned during the three-day download period to the purchased disc, resulting in an early edge over the competition.

Discounted Downloadable Content: Subscribers will get a 20-percent discount on all available downloadable content for participating EA SPORTS titles. Downloadable content, which enhances and refreshes the core game experience, includes such items as Ultimate Team packs, accelerator packs and gear upgrades.

Free Premium Web Content: Premium web content extends the game experience beyond the console to a web browser. All participating titles will feature premium web content that will be free to EA SPORTS Season Ticket members beginning with the premium Creation Center packs for FIFA Soccer 12. These packs provide a deeper set of customization tools and abilities within Creation Center to build your own teams and tournaments, and will be available to the consumer until the membership to the program has expired.

Membership Recognition: Subscribers are easily identifiable with an exclusive membership recognition badge displayed both in-game and on their EASPORTS.com profile.

Only seems to be for the hardcore who buy every piece of DLC, otherwise I don't see how this is worth it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Wow. Just.....wow. I'm praying that nobody will bother with this and it bombs because it is exactly whats wrong with the industry at the moment.

However i'm sure Ultimate team kiddies will be all over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

its on the dashboard already, the inital download is free but i think thats to actually access a EA "store", im not sure though, didnt download it as i have no interest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Membership Recognition: Subscribers are easily identifiable with an exclusive membership recognition badge displayed both in-game and on their EASPORTS.com profile.

EPIC! INSTANT BUY!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Kirby wrote: »
    However i'm sure Ultimate team kiddies will be all over this.

Build up coins and build super squads in time for game release?

Don't like this myself - just a money making racket really. I'd like certain games early but I'm not going to pay so much for the privilege of a couple of days play...Also too much, and I don't go for the DLC practice. Not for me!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

its another sign of EA greed winning over game quality. after the online mess that is Fight Night Champion, im convinced that Fifa 12 will be just as buggy and even more greedy than Fifa 11...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Is this a pisstake?

€25 to play the game three days early, and get 20% off Live Season? No ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Is this a pisstake?

€25 to play the game three days early, and get 20% off Live Season? No ta.
    This €25 applies to their other 4 sports titles as well (Madden, Tiger, NCAA, NHL) So you get to rent 5 games for 3 days before release date and get 20% off all their DLC.

http://www.easports.com/seasonticket

I don't think NCAA gets released over here, so maybe we will get something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Needs more cowbell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Glad to see this was a big failure. EA will have to find another way to knickle an dime us!

http://kotaku.com/5834827/ea-sports-season-ticket-hears-crickets-on-debut-day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Why would anyone want to download the game early? The "Who is selling FIFA early?" thread is one of the highlights of the Boards.ie Pro Evolution and Soccer forum's year!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Did any1 use this last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Why would anyone want to download the game early? The "Who is selling FIFA early?" thread is one of the highlights of the Boards.ie Pro Evolution and Soccer forum's year!

:pac::pac:
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Where is the best place to pre-order this?

Ideally, I'd like to get the Ultimate Edition.

If it's an online order, the possibility of getting it a day early or at least guaranteed to be on the release day would swing it for me.

Not too bothered about the price. Even if I paid €70 quid, it is really worth it in comparison to other games. I definitely get more value for price/time spent than any other game
    Same for me, never give a crap about how much I pay for FIFA as I end up playing it for 11 months every year, something no other game comes close to for me.

It all depends on how early I can get the game, but this year I am going with the season ticket. I know it's money-whoring by EA but FIFA a week early? Good god yes. Also I play Madden, NHL and really want to try their new NBA game aswell as whatever they put on Season ticket like NCAA etc. So it's worth it for me.

As for FIFA 13, the career mode does sound great, it was better in 12 but still needs work so hopefully I can play more than 2 seasons without feeling bored. But really I am most delighted with the mini-games and crossbar challenge/head tennis etc. I can't tell you how much time is spend doing nothing in the arena when the lads are around, finally something to fill that void.

Sorry Mikey!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

miralize wrote: »
    :pac::pac:

Sorry Mikey!

Wow, you really went out of your way to make a mug of me there! :pac:

I probably won't end up getting it this year anyway despite wanting the 3 day trial of all the games.

Still though... I won't forget that :p

Advertisement