Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best way to transfer contacts? (6303i->8520)

Options
  • 02-08-2011 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

i have a nokia 6303i. i'd like to transfer the contacts to a blackberry 8520.

the blackberry does not have internet setup on it (long story, wont be setup for a while. wifi is not an option either).

i do not want to use the option of putting them onto the sim as (a) there are more than the sim will hold which is hassle and (b) the names all get split up and truncated via the sim.

the only real way i can think of otherwise is to install ms outlook on my pc and sync them both with that.

any brighter ideas?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

ring carphone warehouse in dundrum

they have an application that can copy contacts/pics/text messages etc. from your nokia to new phone

i was speaking with them earlier about copying everything from my nokia to new galaxy S2

cost is €15

hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

hey ciaran75,

thanks for the suggestion but dundrum is too far to travel. was hoping for a solution i could try myself.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

You can download into the OVI suite. I assume there is something similar for the Blackberry?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

(b) the names all get split up and truncated via the sim
    Unfortunately when you go from a older phone like a 6230i to a blackberry , theres few if no ways to avoid this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i just went with the outlook sync option in the end. it was actually not too bad with the ovi and the blackberry software.

thanks for the advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cat5

Hi Guys..Next time try everdroid.com (formally mobical.net) Ive used them for years swwitching from nokia to motorola to ericsson..etc etc..and best of all its free:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Sync with ovi.
    Open the OVI contacts page.
    Save page as a webpage to your desk top.
    Open the page file using notepad.
    Select all the text.
    Paste into Excel

Repeat for any further pages of 100 contacts in OVI

Tidy up.
    Save as CSV

Import into the program of your choice such as outlook (sync with Blackberry Desktop Manager) or gmail (over the air sync directly with your blackberry)

Advertisement