Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Changing Contract. Can I get out?

Options
  • 02-08-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just got a letter from UPC saying they will be raising my limit from 20Mb/s to 25Mb/s and cap from 250GB to 500. Can I use this to get out of my contract. My 12 months aren't up until November but I really want to get out of my current house ASAP since I'm living with a thieving knacker.

Thanks,
    John.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Call them and ask? I think it would only kick in if they change the amount they bill you (which I believe they are).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

clearz wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just got a letter from UPC saying they will be raising my limit from 20Mb/s to 25Mb/s and cap from 250GB to 500. Can I use this to get out of my contract. My 12 months aren't up until November but I really want to get out of my current house ASAP since I'm living with a thieving knacker.
    Yes you may, you inform UPC that you are not accepting the "new" contract terms. You may have to give 28 or 30 days notice of termination under the current contract, do check.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056175705

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Yes you may, you inform UPC that you are not accepting the "new" contract terms. You may have to give 28 or 30 days notice of termination under the current contract, do check.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056175705

Hi I have broadband and phone with UPC wana get rid of phone but keep broadband can i break my contract over these chances

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

clearz wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks,
    John.

From UPC's Terms and Conditions:

16. Changing the Terms and Conditions

We retain the right to amend, modify or substitute these Terms and Conditions at any time and we will notify you in writing 30 days in advance of doing so. Any such modification, amendment or substitution shall also be posted on our website at www.upc.ie. You have the right to withdraw from this Agreement without penalty if you do not accept the modification,
    amendment or substitution. If you do not object to the modification, amendment or substitution by giving notice to us within 30 days, the new Terms and Conditions shall then become applicable to you.

My emphasis.

http://www.upc.ie/pdf/GENERALTERMSANDCONDITIONS140711.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You may still be held to the old contract though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You may still be held to the old contract though.

Why?

Advertisement