Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of training to teach!!!

• 02-08-2011 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi, I have a Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics and Instrumentation. I was wondering what more do I need if I was to try to become qualified as a teacher in either primary or post primary edu'???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭UnLuckyAgain

Corkboi wrote: »
    Hi, I have a Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics and Instrumentation. I was wondering what more do I need if I was to try to become qualified as a teacher in either primary or post primary edu'???

Primary
    You need to complete a Higher Diploma in Primary Education in one of the teaching colleges (St. Pats, Marino, Froebel, Mary I, Hibernia etc). For entry into this you need at least a higher C3 in honours Irish.

Post-Primary
    Check the Teaching Council website to see if your degree is recognised for the teaching of curriculum subjects. If it is, you need to complete a PGDE course for one year in order to qualify as a teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Corkboi

Post-Primary
    Check the Teaching Council website to see if your degree is recognised for the teaching of curriculum subjects. If it is, you need to complete a PGDE course for one year in order to qualify as a teacher.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've had a look and it is accepted, thanks. Ill look into it further.

Advertisement