Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glanmire, Cork

Options
  • 02-08-2011 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Dropped the kids recently to monkeymaze near glanmire in Cork. Nice river flowing out to the esturary runs near there. Anyone ever fish there for brown trout/Sea trout ?

Any info appreciated.

thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Glanmire! Wow, I go there all the time to visit a friend in Upper Glanmire. I never thought about that river - it looks nice too.

Maybe they'll widen the bridge so that two cars and a few fishermen could be on at the same time!

Small world.

There's a brick building pub off of a main road with a nice stream going by. Always wished I had a fly rod on me. I forget the name, just off the main road at a sort of a fork.

Slan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Yes, I know the bridge you mean, fairly narrow allright. There is another wider bridge further down the road and you can drive along the other side of the river. I have noticed a few spots where it looks like people have gone in through the hedges, so I persume some-one is fishing there.

Advertisement