Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixyourstreet.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Best I've seen yet is "16:55 Aug 2 2011 m50
    Description
    For the entire length of the M50 since upgrade to three lanes, I have noticed an excessive increase in hazards in both lanes two and three. These hazards come in the form of, but are not limited to, articulated trucks, buses, small hatchbacks and other various vehicles, which, when observed from a vehicle travelling at 100km/h, appear to be stationary."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Fixyourstreet.ie is a nice idea, but they need to improve it. Some of the language used on the site is unnecessarily complex. The need to place EVERY issue on the map is an unnecessary barrier for many users.

I really hope they've done the necessary work with the behind-the-scenes processes. It is all very well having the glitzy front-end app, but if the people behind the scenes are not prepared and ready to react and respond to a large volume of new calls, the front-end bit is worse than useless. It does look like South Dublin are doing a decent job of providing an initial response, even to issues outside their own area.

I really hope that they've done the necessary work behind the scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pablo104

Anyone had an experience with this? Is it any use and do they actually fix and problems or just a PR stunt?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bonzer79

Yeah, after the snow and freezing last year the "speed bumps" :rolleyes: "traffic calming" you know those red asphalt bump things!
    Well the Salt had worn them away into just pot holes and rutts, have 6 of them in a 1/2 mile stretch beside us.
    Reported and fair dues they were fixed within a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I think they had good intentions with this site, however I reported several large sacks of rubbish on the side of the road twice now before christmas and 10 days ago. Those bags are still on the side of the road and are reproducing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I think they had good intentions with this site, however I reported several large sacks of rubbish on the side of the road twice now before christmas and 10 days ago. Those bags are still on the side of the road and are reproducing.

Whereabouts were these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Outside De selby crescent in Tallaght.

Advertisement