Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank debited current account in error - interest?

Options
  • 02-08-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭

I believe I have discovered an error in my current account from a few years back. My account was debited twice in a short period for the same thing (credit card bill) The amount wasn't credited to my account later on from what I can see so I believe it to be a mistake and presumably I will have no difficulty getting it rectified now

Now seeing as this is in a current account it would have gained little or no interest if I had left it in there. But if I had moved it out of the current account into a deposit account or an An Post bond etc I would have gotten interest. I do move money out of the current account occasionally. So the question is - should they give me the interest or not? 3% net AER would be fair I think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Slim to no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I've got to the bottom of it - they did debit my current account twice but the money did not "disappear" it went into my credit card. Credit card statements for that period are were not available online but I dug out the paper copies - for a few months after the error my credit card was in credit. So I'm not owed anything.

Advertisement