Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Union Agent

Options
  • 02-08-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

I run 2 retail units in Limerick and Tipperary and have an opportunity to become a Western Union agent. I am only in the very early stages of investigating the pros and cons. Any advice from existing agents would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You just have to do the numbers and see if it adds up for you. The commissions are not fantastic.

Remember that you can be left quite vulnerable to robbery and employee fraud and you need to be sure you have the security setup and HR procedures to manage this.

If you can benefit from the extra footfall it will bring you, that is the best reason to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dub3075

I've been a Western Union agent for the last 8 years. If you'd like more info send me a pm and I'll answer your questions as best as I can

Advertisement