Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track machine

Options
  • 02-08-2011 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hey chaps
    I am going working abroad for the next 10 months and its a good opertunity for me to pull a few pound togeather.
    I was thinking of investing in a fairly new track machine and low loader when i get back, I already have access to tractors and a six tonne dumper.
    Is there much work out there at the moment for diggers etc??
    I have worked machines for years laying pipes, golf course shaping, cut and fill jobs and a small bit of land reclimation for uncles.
    Given that I would have little or no repayments to be mand on the machine this time next year will it be possible to pull a bit of a living out of it??
    I am based in Co. offaly by the way.
    any input appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Its a very bad time for getting into this business Harrier. I can think of 10 contractors around here that have machines sitting idle - probably paid for (because the repo men haven't taken them away) and willing to do any work available - cutting prices to just above cost so that they have something to do. One big contractor with 40 machines has 20 sitting in his yard and a lot of the other 20 machines are on a 3 day a week and many have no work during the winter at all. I'm not knocking your driving abilities or your initiative, its just a very bad time. Unless you have guaranteed work lined up, I really do think that your money could be invested in a better project.

Advertisement