Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban from GAA

Options
  • 02-08-2011 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

Hi I have been banned from GAA for abusing and Trolling on the Waterford GAA page.

Their is wind up merchant on the Waterford discussion thread looking to get a reaction off the Waterford fans in the build up to our game.

A mod gave this WUM the "benefit of the doubt" and allowed him remain posting for some time. He was visbily annoying some posters on the page so I called him a "numpty" on a few occasions. He should have been removed from the forum long before this to be honest as all he was looking for was a reaction.

Pride Fighter the local mod also accused me of trolling becasue I corrected his spelling, but only after Rain ON Me had challenged me over my own grammer after a spelling mistake I had made. I also admit I'm guilty of putting up a harmless image of a bee.

Originally Posted by Rain Over Me View Post
    hate waterford hurlers, they get the stuffing beat out of them by a weakened tipperary team, then win over an off form galway team, Galway if they played to their potential could upset kilkenny, where as waterford have no chance of beating kilkenny, I hope waterford get run off the field by a cricket score as they are nothing but a pack of john mullane want to bes
    Waterford has a capital W in it. Tipperary is also a placename thus it must be spelt with a capital letter. As does Galway and Kilkenny.

You are way off with your punctuation on peoples' names also as John Mullane must be spelt with a capital J+M. Actually maybe spell it JOHN MULLANE to express his awesomness

Want to bes - oh I think you mean wannabees, kind of the way your a wannabee troll, but your actually a short person with Napoleon syndrome and most probably a crooked eye and one of your shoulders is higher than the other from the weight of the chip you've been bearing for so long.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rain Over Me View Post
    I can back up my statements, all you do is troll my posts and post non sense and irrelevant stupidity, can you contribute anything of value to these forums calvin
    nonsense

What a Numpty - FACT

HON THE DEISE

Anyways I've looked around at ROMs other posts and it is obvious he is a WUM, he has trolled on other pages to do with religon etc etc

I have discussed this with Moderator Pride Fighter, I understand he has a duty to the GAA section. I will contact him to know that I have started a resolution process.

I don't expect ban to be lifted I just want to express unfairness involved.

Regards,

C Zola

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

For the benefit of the CMods and Admins I'll give an account of the days events. A new user Rain Over Me, registered today and started this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056344821

Seeing as he was new to the forum I gave him a warning rather than infraction. I asked him to read the forum charter, which I assume he did. His posts were less severe after.

He continued to post in a way that was anti-Waterford hurling afterwards, though I felt this was within the bounds of legality, just, thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055647422

Around about pages 370 and 371 of the thread Rain Over Me and the OP are going at it hammer and tongs. I edit some posts, and take no action. In the hope they cool down. ROM continues posting anti-Waterford hurling and the OP snaps, calling him a numpty several times. I constituted that to be persistent personal abuse and issued a 10 day ban.

I exchanged PM's with the OP, and he seems a decent sort. However, I think the ban should still stand. If ROM is trolling other pages, the mods of those pages should sort him/her out.

That is my take, for the benefit of the CMods and Admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Looking into this. Just waiting on a reply to a PM before I update.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

You can mark this one as resolved. The ban has been lifted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement