Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nom-Con (August 5th-7th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I can't believe I lost to this scrub!

But seriously they were good matches, and way hype. We managed to gain a respectable crowd in that tiny room.

@ONION
    Please, if he had played Plat I woulda trashed him. When we played at ArcadeCon, I destroyed him when he used her. Also the only reason I put down money was because I was sure I could win. I thought I had it, until around the 12th match. That's when I started to lose control and I made really stupid mistakes that cost me matches.

Okay first off, Power, My Taggar spun you right the f*ck out of 3rd place cause I'm boss at churning:P

Second, I didn't pick up Doylers prize for 2nd in MVC3 so I hope Joe did

Oh and I know i owe Kuro for that money match, got change for the €50 but forgot to find him, hopefully he'll come to casuals.....for double or nothing!! jk

Last thing, some of the match's at the con were some of the most tense and hype match's I've ever participated in, f**king great games to everyone from the community

chueytoo wrote: »
    it was a good weekend for games ^_^.

also ARC you ow money to sean(kurotan) money for the money match in mk9 :p
    Yea, I remember your favorite part of the con were all of the skits [cept jimmy]

You and power were so enthusiastic and lustful from all the dancing on stage

Srs though, kudos to all of the skit performers for getting up and making asses of themselves, it was entertaining [some were]
    and Chuey hiding under his shirt because of sheer awkwardness of the acts was priceless:)

Fact, Powerofscience wished it never ended

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

The best skit was the Numa Numa one!

And the Aeris one <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭belle2e

how do i start a new thread anyone

Fergus_ wrote: »
    The best skit was the Numa Numa one!

And the Aeris one <3

Jimmy and the pope man!:eek:

• Advertisement

The Pope was really good until he dropped it but hey we all make mistakes

The Pope was really good until he dropped it but hey we all make mistakes

Quoting Chuey "It was a reset" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

Nutrient wrote: »
    Quoting Chuey "It was a reset" :rolleyes:
    Wth, quoting Chuey?!?

He was quoting me!! I said that, then he turned to you and said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Wth, quoting Chuey?!?

He was quoting me!! I said that, then he turned to you and said it.

It was a pro reset ;)
    yeah power of science favourite skit was the man dancing to beyonce hahah

on the other note, i think kuro wants a double or nothing. so your better get practing.

also the prizes was ****, so i didn't pick up doyler prize cause i thought arc did. I was annoyed my name was pronouced wrong TWICE

Me and Joe's Kitana mirror is clearly the best match of the convention

• Advertisement

EDIT: Random double post from internet cut

Me and Joe's Kitana mirror is clearly the best/Hype match of the convention

I agree, we got more of a clap in our match then even the finals.

I think you guys are forgetting about Xinkai and I's money match, that was easily the most hyped up match there was.

I think you guys are forgetting about Xinkai and I's money match, that was easily the most hyped up match there was.

I don't remember this match at all :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Clearly you're forgetting that match in SF4 where Chunkis utterly annihilated that kid who had never played the game before.

Or in Marvel, where the other guy taunted me, and when I went for a counter taunt hit the start button :pac:

I remember Chuey winning a money match against a Taggar with Ragna but I can't imagine who would lose to a Ragna with Taggar while spinning stick and not playing to legit?:rolleyes:

Oh wait...:( my fiver

Sairus wrote: »
    Clearly you're forgetting that match in SF4 where Chunkis utterly annihilated that kid who had never played the game before.

Or in Marvel, where the other guy taunted me, and when I went for a counter taunt hit the start button :pac:

Thats what happened?! lol

That's because the finals was just pure annihilation of Johnny Cage

It's kinda like clapping to a guy getting beat up badly by thugs on the street

Ah yes how could I forget those amazing moments. Watching Chunkis destroy that kid was like watching a blind guy get beat up on the streets. That pause button counter taunt was pretty godlike mind games, I think you confused him so much he didn't know what to do.

@Nutrient
    It's spelled "TAGER" not "TAGGER"
    I cannot believe I lost to this scrub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

FUUURRRKKKEEENN SSSCCEEEERRRRBBB xD

• Advertisement

Ah yes how could I forget those amazing moments. Watching Chunkis destroy that kid was like watching a blind guy get beat up on the streets. That pause button counter taunt was pretty godlike mind games, I think you confused him so much he didn't know what to do.

@Nutrient
    It's spelled "TAGER" not "TAGGER"
    I cannot believe I lost to this scrub.
    w/e tagar taggar same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Arc arq same thing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just to point out here that the insulting of another user on Boards.ie is likely to result in a ban, no matter how awesome and handsome the moderator is.

Still wrong, it's TAGER not TAGAR or TAGGER. T - A - G - E - R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

were any of the mk9 matches rec?

were any of the mk9 matches rec?

No.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I wasn't there to record, and Sai was, I believe, actually working at the con.

The only other person who records with any regularity is Ladnopoka and I don't think he was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I recorded some match involving Joe I think... can't quite remember what it was. I'll upload it tomorrow sometime, too wrecked at the moment XD

I wasn't there to record, and Sai was, I believe, actually working at the con.

The only other person who records with any regularity is Ladnopoka and I don't think he was there.

That is a shame, the semis and so on were f***ing gdlk

Kurotao, Doyler, Xinkai and Chuey provided really enjoyable and hype gameplay at the Con.

• Advertisement

I recorded some match involving Joe I think... can't quite remember what it was. I'll upload it tomorrow sometime, too wrecked at the moment XD

The match you recorded was Joe and I's money match. You know, the one were I played really badly against his Ragna. The one were Nutrient lost a fiver by foolishly deciding to front me the money for the match.

Advertisement