Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing PDF in access

Options
  • 02-08-2011 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to print direct to PDF so invoices can be emailed to people.

At the moment the database prints the details out onto a preprinted invoice sheet and I want the print to PDF to merge the 2 documents together for emailing.

I did some looking at Bullzip and that would do the job of merging except it's a bit complicated to use regularly. Is there a plug in I can use? I'm back on access 2000 which is another problem.

I know the very basics of getting around in Access but I don't have any great knowledge of the software I've just been shown how to carry out certain tasks.

The other problem I have is the print button itself, it's on a separate menu bar type thing and when I go to design view to try and change what the button does the separate menu bar disappears so I can't edit or create a new button. I'm assuming that separate box is another form but I can't find it, would that menu bar be somewhere else other than forms?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

There are a couple of PDF writer printer drivers - you can print to them as if they were a standard printer

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have bullzip but the problem is the user has to select the document they want to merge with, I want it to just happen when you press the print PDF button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

So you're looking for something that does both a "MailMerge" AND a "Print to PDF" ? In one ?

Advertisement