Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed mortgage payment - What happens now??

Options
  • 02-08-2011 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi guys
    Checked my bank a/c online and realised that I dont have enough to cover my mortgage payment for this month for the first time ever! Will have 2 weeks wages going in on Fri which will cover it no prob! Just rang Bank of Ireland which tells me their mortgage office closed at 6!

What happens now? Will bank try to get money in 7 days or am I considered in arrears??

Really worried so all replies appreciated!!:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭futurefarmer

It will be re presented again in a few days, wont be shown as arrears i woulodnt worry about it its when it goes into a new month than questions will be asked

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Ring them tomorrow and explain what happened and when it can come out.
    Don't worry about it, as long as you pay it within the month, I think you're ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Once the bank are in the picture, they won't care. Always, always talk to the bank if your finances are going pear-shaped. It's only if you bury your head in the sand that you'll get any grief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

If you have any way of robbing Peter to pay Paul and get the money in the account to pay the mortgage do so, as a referral on your account will matter if you will be looking for a loan or credit in the forseeable future.

They might also charge you some sort of administration or referral fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Something you could consider is to contact your mortgage holder and change the date of your direct debit to one/two days after payday, for example if you are paid on the 24th of every month, arrange for all your direct debits to go out on the 26th, that way all the important / critical stuff like mortgage, insurance etc (stuff that has to be paid) will always be paid on time

• Advertisement
Advertisement