Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help finding a good free camping spot!

• 02-08-2011 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there, New to boards so apologies if im in the wrong place here.

Me and a group of friends are looking to go camping in Lahinch or anywhere really that that is by the beach. We went to Brittas Bay last year and its somewhere similar we are looking for - nice beach with a close-by wide open space that is suitable and safe for camping. Parking close by too. Not really looking for somewhere that attracts families! :eek:

Any help would be much appreciated. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

You could camp on the grassy area at the east end of Kilkee beach. No problem with parking there. Also Spanish Point, no problem there either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Check my posts in this thread for a good spot to camp in Lahinch for free and beside a car park!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71527063

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

There's a green area beside the carpark at White Strand, about a mile outside Miltown Malbay (Lahinch side). Loads of people camp there (and park campers there). There's toilets open during the day, the toilet building has a tap for fresh water outside, and it's right on a nice sandy beach that's great for swimming (no waves at all, so for surfing, you'd have to go around the corner to Spanish Point). I camped there a few weeks ago - there were about 10 tents there. But it was during the Willy Clancy festival, so there was a fair bit of noise in the car park at night time. But I'd say that was mainly because of the weekend - but you always have to take your chances with your neighbors with free camping.

Advertisement