Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAS scheme how much do I contribute

Options
  • 02-08-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I've applied for the RAS scheme in Dublin as I've been getting rent supplement for the past 18 months. I've applied for it on my current accommodation. I've been reading that you have to contribute 15 % of your income towards the rent. Now I'm not working at the moment. The only income I receive is One parent payment (217 euro a week) and child benefit (138 euro a month), so is this 15% of the total of this a month? I just want to make sure I can afford that before I sign an agreement.

Ziggy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

your rent is calculated using the differential rent scheme calculations, so it takes into account your income i.e. opfp and it wont take into account your childrens allowance. I dont think its really a question of seeing can you afford it before you agree to enter RAS as if you dont agree to it your Rent Allowance will be stopped and you wont be able to afford not to sign up to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Justwondering1

hi, Im not one hundred per cent sure but I think for someone on your money its 24 a week or around abouts.Your child benefit is not counted as means for anything because every mother gets it. Its corporation rent rates, Im about to apply for the scheme myself .To find out for definite ask your local councilor,td or citizen advice centre. You wont lose rent allowance if your current accommodation is not accepted you get three offers and if you refuse all three then you lose your rent allowance for a year.

Advertisement