Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Grant Query

Options
  • 02-08-2011 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will a P21 contain all the info required as documentary evidence for section F2? Here's the guidance notes on F2:
    You must send us the following documents as evidence:
     a statement from the Department of Social Protection which has the following information:
    - the name of the person getting the payment,
    - the type of payment,
    - the amount the person got in 2010,
    - whether the payment included a Qualified Adult Allowance and if so, the amount,
    - whether the payment included a Child Dependent Increase and if so, for how many
    children and the amount for each child,
    - the date the payments started,
    - the date the payments stopped (if applicable).

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

I dont know if a P21 will suffice, however reading the instructions (you provided above) one the first line jumps out at me

You must send us the following documents as evidence: a statement from the Department of Social Protection

you wouldnt get a P21 from the department of social protection so why would you send one ?

Getting a statement of earnings for the social is easy just pop into the office and request on they should be able to give it to you right there and then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

That's great, thanks! I hadn't really thought about it, but I have to provide a P21 anyway, and since I've never seen one I thought I'd ask. Cheers!

Got a link to the guidance notes ?

Cheers mate, that just cleared up a few questions for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Adam wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but will a P21 contain all the info required as documentary evidence for section F2? Here's the guidance notes on F2:

Thanks!

Here is the link to request the Statement from the social welfare

https://www.welfare.ie/EN/Secure/Pages/OnlineStatementRequest.aspx

Also any P45 and P60 you have for that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

I couldn't see an answer for this anywhere so i'll just go ahead and ask..

Do you send in original documents with a grant application? Birth cert etc. These docs are all returned sometime later right?

Check adams guidance note above post #5

You do send originals for everything i'm aware of, including birth cert, so one assumes they will send everything back! As above, go herre for the notes that accompany the grant application: http://www.studentfinance.ie/dl.php?dl=/downloads/Guidance%20Notes.pdf

Advertisement