Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM Causing BSOD (split from SSD = wow thread)

Options
  • 02-08-2011 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Just taking this topic to a thread of its own from the SSD = WoW thread.

Essentially getting some BSOD's here and there and I'm wondering if its relative to my ram.

8GB of Corsair XM3 DDR3 ( 4x2GB)

It was thought maybe the original two sticks were set differently to the new two sets.

Here is a CPUZ image from what I'm reading into my RAM and their slots

It reads the same for all four slots.

Under the memory tab I get the following

DRAM Frequency : 699.7MHZ
    FSB:DRAM 3:10
    CL : 9.0 clocks
    tRCD : 9 Clocks
    tRP : 9 clocks
    tRAS : 24 clocks
    tRC : 34 clocks
    CR : 2T

Mobo : GA-MA78LMT-US2H - Gigabyte

So I'm assuming from the above that my RAM, across all four slots, is the same ?

ramieb.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

If all the RAM is the same, then it's rated to run at 800MHz. If it's running at 700MHz, then it's underclocked.
    Your processor has HTT of... 210MHz? That's only a very small overclock.

I think first that you should check the voltage of the RAM. Have a look into the BIOS and look for the memory settings. It will run at 800MHz at 1.65V. 700 is a bit lower, but it may still need a bit more than 1.5V.

To test RAM stability, grab memtest and burn it to disc or a clean USB drive.

BTW, the snipping tool (Start menu -> Accessories -> Snipping tool) will make screenshots easier. I just have it pinned to the task bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Monotype wrote: »
    BTW, the snipping tool (Start menu -> Accessories -> Snipping tool) will make screenshots easier. I just have it pinned to the task bar.
    i use a tool called snag-it in work which is great if you're taking a lot of screen grabs, but at home i just create a text file on the desktop, change the filename and extension to whatever.jpg, right click, edit and drag the edge of the blank image in to make it smaller than my screengrab (assuming MS Paint is default jpeg editor) and then do an Alt+Print Screen of whatever window i want to capture (which only captures the active window) and Ctrl+V into Paint and save, job done.

actually having to type it out like that makes it sound long and drawn out, but it's very simple to actually do it.

Advertisement