Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Cheque - 3 weeks to verify????

Options
  • 02-08-2011 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all,

Hopfully someone here can confirm if this is correct.

I lodged a substantial US cheque (7,000 USD approx) on Thursday 28/07/11 with AIB, they took my cheque and the next day the money was converted into EURO and was in my current account :) happy days. I then get a phone call from AIB later that day saying that as I don't lodge these types of cheques on a regular basis they need to perform some verification which will take 3 weeks??, I went back to my account and seen that they did a complete credit reversal of the money!!!!, am I being treated unfairly here or is this procedure for AIB?

Thanks,
    Robo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Standard with all banks.

You should have been told at the time of lodgement. Chances are they noticed after the fact and reversed it then.

If it's out of line with account profile it's sent on collection. Would not be surprised if it takes longer than 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

It's a standard procedure maybe cheque should not been lodged in ur account in first place, probably lodged bu some inexperienced telller who got a bollicking after the doors closed!

Advertisement