Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep Door Frames

• 02-08-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anybody recommend or advise me on deep door frames.

My wall thickness will be 158mm and i am finding it hard to find door liners that wide.

What are my options here?

Will be painted white and price will need to be keen!

I dont mind non rebated frames

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭mick121

only option is to get timber cut to size,and use a plant on rebate.make sure frame is well fixed to wall to prevent timber warping.remember frame is made to suite door not the ope.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

mick121 wrote: »
    only option is to get timber cut to size,and use a plant on rebate.make sure frame is well fixed to wall to prevent timber warping.remember frame is made to suite door not the ope.

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Any Idea on the best type of wood and where would i get it? also i presume i would be looking at 25mm thick?

I have 3 frames to get / make

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

If you only need three frames then the cost difference will not be as severe as if you need a house full, so you can get white wood pao 169mm x32mm and cut it down, any less than 32mm will be harder to straighten, and more likely to twist, or you could get a staircase manufacturing outlet to cut down some white wood stair strings.
    Either way you will then have to put a door stop on after installation,......

Advertisement