Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Tank

• 02-08-2011 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi

I was away for a day and when i got home yesterday i noticed a constant noise coming for my water tank in the hot press now i normally only heard this noise if i ran a tap or shower etc anyone any idea as to what could be causing this and is it a big problem ive turn the tank off now as i dont want any damage or dare i say flooding of my apartment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The pump running i guess? (or just the storage tank filling, water sound?)

Shouldn't be running until you turn on a tap/shower. Kitchen cold tap shouldn't bring it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bren...K

Thks for replying Davy... it does sound like the tank filling but i left it run for about half an hour would that not be plenty of time to fill and that brings another question were did the water go that as in the tank as i wasnt here to use it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Bren...K wrote: »
    Thks for replying Davy... it does sound like the tank filling but i left it run for about half an hour would that not be plenty of time to fill and that brings another question were did the water go that as in the tank as i wasnt here to use it...

It might be overflowing, the tank could be full, but the ball valve is faulty and keeps filling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bren...K

sounds like i need a plummer in so... :( thks again Davy

Advertisement