Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA. Did anyone get a reply?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

I'm raging that they're making us wait so long. (I'm in North Tipp) I have orientation the week they want me to hand in the form and no doubt will have last minute things to be doing. Waiting in a queue to simply hand in a form doen't appeal to me. Oh well....

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Saoirsef

I'm raging that they're making us wait so long. (I'm in North Tipp) I have orientation the week they want me to hand in the form and no doubt will have last minute things to be doing. Waiting in a queue to simply hand in a form doen't appeal to me. Oh well....
    I hate the social welfare office, so i stuck my form and everything with it into an envelope and wrote BTEA section on the front and popped it in the postbox outside the office, and they are processing mine now...i have not waited at all in the welfare office.

Saoirsef wrote: »
    I hate the social welfare office, so i stuck my form and everything with it into an envelope and wrote BTEA section on the front and popped it in the postbox outside the office, and they are processing mine now...i have not waited at all in the welfare office.

I asked could I do that and the 'ever plesent' girl behind the counter said that the form isn't processed in my local office, it has to go to Thurles. I said I'll send it there and was told that Thurles may send it back if they get it early. Tbh, I think that's bull (the sending it back bit) but I don't want to take the chance so I'll be on the SW doorstep at 10am on the 29th. :rolleyes:

I asked could I do that and the 'ever plesent' girl behind the counter said that the form isn't processed in my local office, it has to go to Thurles. I said I'll send it there and was told that Thurles may send it back if they get it early. Tbh, I think that's bull (the sending it back bit) but I don't want to take the chance so I'll be on the SW doorstep at 10am on the 29th. :rolleyes:

It is bull...

Sending it so....on your head be it!! :D:P

Thanks though.

• Advertisement

Sending it so....on your head be it!! :D:P

Thanks though.

um ok no bother, send it to this main office.:)
    Its such bull, they are understaffed, overworked...and bla bla. Its not our problem and why should we suffer because of it.

I don't feel bad for them, i'm always so nice when i have to go in there and thy are always nasty, mean and unobliging horrible people..who are just miserable.

So add to their misery, they are not kind to us mwah ha;)

I got my letter this morning saying i am approved and payment will start once they receive proof of registration with university.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I got my letter this morning saying i am approved and payment will start once they receive proof of registration with university.:)

lucky you. my form is almost complete, i don't know the number of weeks i have been on ja (like a long time but they want me to put it in weeks so am gonna have to ask). my problem is my local sw office is a shambles. yer one in there isn't great at bothering with anything, she has even had the cheek to have a go at people bringing in forms needing signed. so i don't particularly wanna take it in there. i wanna take it down the road about half an hr, but i don't got the petrol to drive down there just for that. argh

Do you know the date you signed on first? should be easy enough from there. Some offices are ridiculous, but they have to process it unfortunately, i feel for you, some of them make you feel so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Do you know the date you signed on first? should be easy enough from there. Some offices are ridiculous, but they have to process it unfortunately, i feel for you, some of them make you feel so bad.

i honestly don't know the date i first signed on. it was a while ago. i was doing fas courses and whatnot during that time, but the first sign on was a good while ago

• Advertisement

Just ring or call into your local office and they will tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Has anyone heard anything from Galway yet?

I had my form in about a month ago and im still waiting. What is taking them so long? There is too much to be worrying about. I have month before the course starts and i have to move to the other side of the country. I need to find a place, soon enough. I cant be waiting until september. Course starts on september 12. Should i fill in another couple forms? They might open one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bowlerjd

It's all little rushed everywhere it seems. Still nothing happening regarding BTEA in cork. Had that from SW this morning. And got a lovely text from the grant today saying they received my application (which I sent 4 weeks ago) and to "please note, I may not receive a decision until the end of the academic year". Only looking for fees to be paid like. That's good stuff says I, due in Limerick on the 24th august and €0 funds for anything bar the first months rent and deposit. The amount of red tape in this country is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

I called into my local social welfare office on Tuesday with the form and the lady told me she had to send it to the Carlow Town offce. I thought I was going to have a long wait in front of me but I got a letter today telling me I had been approved and I would just have to send in a letter of registration. They also told me they had enclosed a prepaid self addressed envelope, which they didn't.

The letter was dated yesterday so I had a total of 2 days waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

So im better off going to carlow. I applied about a month ago to galway. Im still waiting. Called in yesterday and i was told that they just started on them this week. So i asked, what does that mean, how long more do i have to wait. She didn't know, i just have to wait. This is unacceptable. No amount of telling them, i cant wait, the course starts on the 12th of september. I have to find accommodation, like now. But im waiting to hear if il get the BTEA. If i dont, im applying for a loan. But when do i apply for a loan? Eh last week of september ???? What the fck are they at?

Cork city is definitely proessing since the last week of July, not sure about other places.

Will cork east def isn't. Was told again for the second time this week just yesterday. That they haven't been touched yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Did anyone enclose any sort of a letter along with their forms and their grant application?

i felt i really needed to 'flesh-out' my financial situation beyond the details in the documents i enclosed.

partially this was because my income for 2010 was one euro and fifty one cent over the income limit for the special rate of maintenance grant.

then somebody told me that they actually use your income figures for 2009!! ( i hope so ).

Absolute best of luck to ALL the maturies of 2011/2012 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Waterford SW office seem to be well equiped to handle the BTEA process.

I was accepted into the WIT Foundations Studies Course for next year. I got my offer letter in early July. I called out to the SWO the following day, and was given the form to fill in. I dropped it back in a day later, and also had my offer letter with it. The girl behind the counter said that she wouldn't need it as long as all the details of the course were on the form.

Last week I got a letter from the SWO to say that my application to the BTEA had been accepted. So it only took around 3 weeks.

I do still need to provide them with a letter from the registrars office, which I havent recieved yet. But other then that, plain sailing, thank god. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭suzycat

Hey,

I'm registering on the 29th August for college. I was going to put in my BTEA form on that day with letter from college.
    Now i'm wondering should i send in form before registration or does it make any difference?
    Stress of it all

suzycat wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm registering on the 29th August for college. I was going to put in my BTEA form on that day with letter from college.
    Now i'm wondering should i send in form before registration or does it make any difference?
    Stress of it all

I'd say send it in now to get approved, and then take in the reg letter on the 29th to start payments. You want to know if you are approved beforehand right?

• Advertisement

bowlerjd wrote: »
    Will cork east def isn't. Was told again for the second time this week just yesterday. That they haven't been touched yet

Well it probably comes down to the fact that Hanover street is much bigger and probably has more staff to deal with applications. I hope you get yours sorted soon.

Yeah will pop it in tomorrow..hopefully everything will be alright!!

Well it probably comes down to the fact that Hanover street is much bigger and probably has more staff to deal with applications. I hope you get yours sorted soon.

Between the jigs and reels of it, I ended up in Hannover street today, have to transfer my jb claim there. But when I mentioned my btea app. They informed me they had received no application yet from me. That my local office had yet to send it to them, even tho I sent it in to them 7 weeks ago. As all btea apps in cork go through Hannover st. Disgusted with the whole situation, due in Limerick Monday and they were questioning why I was going up there this early. (requirement for mature)

Was living with a partner till April until we broke up and was receiving a reduced rate of 94.80 JBA. Informed them of my changed in circumstance that I had to move out. Still awaiting increase!!! Nearly 4 months later.

No BTEA decision
    94.80 for deposit and rent food and travel to Limerick

But I did get a very helpful " we're terribly understaffed" speech from the staff member in Hannover street

Ireland red tape city

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

i applied 2/3 wks ago as a mature student and applied to the vec for the student charges and tution fee's. the vec ring me almost straight away and tell me they can't process my claim until i get a letter to say that i've being approved for the BTEA so now i've to sit and wait for the SWO to process that and hope they dont leave it till the end of august cause there'll be a serious panic on at that stage as to weather i'll be goin to college or not

Hey tsoparno,
    Did you fill in the student grant form for the student charges and tuition fees?
    I applied for that and got a letter today from my vec saying i'm ineligible for this as i am getting btea!

Hey tsoparno,
    Did you fill in the student grant form for the student charges and tuition fees?
    I applied for that and got a letter today from my vec saying i'm ineligible for this as i am getting btea!

that's exactly what i did but there waiting for a letter of approval for the BTEA to process my claim.that doesn't make sense to be refused cause your getting the BTEA unless you've been to college before?
    i thought that was how it works BTEA and then apply for services part of the grant,otherwise just apply for the full grant.

well your not entitled to full grant with btea but may be entitled to fees bit.
    Have u registered with college yet cos the btea need letter from college saying that you have enrolled.
    its all very confusing!!

Between the jigs and reels of it, I ended up in Hannover street today, have to transfer my jb claim there. But when I mentioned my btea app. They informed me they had received no application yet from me. That my local office had yet to send it to them, even tho I sent it in to them 7 weeks ago. As all btea apps in cork go through Hannover st. Disgusted with the whole situation, due in Limerick Monday and they were questioning why I was going up there this early. (requirement for mature)

Was living with a partner till April until we broke up and was receiving a reduced rate of 94.80 JBA. Informed them of my changed in circumstance that I had to move out. Still awaiting increase!!! Nearly 4 months later.

No BTEA decision
    94.80 for deposit and rent food and travel to Limerick

But I did get a very helpful " we're terribly understaffed" speech from the staff member in Hannover street

Ireland red tape city

I would call up my local office and give them alot of crap over the phone, they have not even sent it from their office to hanover st after 7 weeks :eek:

But the fact that you are being reassessed as a single person going froma couple to single might be the problem.

I had alot of crap when i first signed on because i was on my ex's claim and also on a reduced rate. I learned then to harass them because they take their time on some issues.

well your not entitled to full grant with btea but may be entitled to fees bit.
    Have u registered with college yet cos the btea need letter from college saying that you have enrolled.
    its all very confusing!!

no i haven't reg. yet thats nothing to worry bout just get your BTEA approval and when you get to college and reg. its only a matter of transfering from JB to BTEA.
    i'm still shocked that you've been turned down for the fees because you're gettin BTEA are you sure thats the correct reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

To receive the BTEA you must have proof of registration from your college
    1.Fill out the BTEA form from the social welfare office and hand it into the correct hatch
    2.Once you have registered with your college or university ie -paid your fees
    you return to the social welfare office with this proof.Your application will be finalised then

Advertisement