Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA. Did anyone get a reply?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Saoirsef wrote: »
    Hi I was approved for btea ages ago, I have registered with college and I sent them the official registrars letter, and I have been waiting on a letter to tell me when I will be paid. So I got tired of waiting today and called Hannover street, (021) 4806800, got through to special schemes after ten minutes on hold.
    So I spoke to a girl (sounded annoyed that I dare call her:eek:)..public servant ring a bell miss?!?...anyway eventually i dragged it out of her that they were waiting on my last old payment to issue before they would start paying my btea into my account. To which i replied that was last week!! :mad:
    So she said that I'll get paid from next Thursday apparently. We will wait and see. They should have started processing my payment last week, but obviously didn't and they are doing it now (i hope) after I got onto them.

My advice if you are waiting for a letter like me, call them and don't wait, all she kept saying was we are so busy. Like that's my problem, I have my own to deal with. It's their job.

To be fair i too was dealing with the cork city special schemes and i found the girl on the ss desk really helpful.

i applied for btea the day i got the cao offer and gave them my acceptance form (printed it out) and my btea form then. two weeks after that i got a letter of approval for btea.

i went back the day after orientation last thurs with confirmation of registration and attendance for 2011-2012. while in there i asked at the desk was i getting the payment and she told me i'd get it this week (my first week of lectures) into the post office as they were still changing them over to bank accounts, i showed her my timetable and due to lectures being 9am-5pm i wouldn't make it to the post office and she put a note to pay mine into my bank account straight away. it went in today.

if you go in there early you'll probably be like me and be in the first 5 of the queue, and they are far nicer and more helpful to sorting you out. to be fair they don't like being on the phone because usually they at that time are dealing with the applicant who took the time to go into them and queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 RainbowRed

Hi all, just got word last week that I would be paid my BTEA this week into my bank account, but I checked today and there was only 100euros there!? I've tried calling them but they dont seem to answer the phones!:mad:

Has anyone had this happen to them? Does it take a while for them to change the payment or something? Any help is appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Saoirsef

hoodwinked wrote: »
    To be fair i too was dealing with the cork city special schemes and i found the girl on the ss desk really helpful.

i applied for btea the day i got the cao offer and gave them my acceptance form (printed it out) and my btea form then. two weeks after that i got a letter of approval for btea.

i went back the day after orientation last thurs with confirmation of registration and attendance for 2011-2012. while in there i asked at the desk was i getting the payment and she told me i'd get it this week (my first week of lectures) into the post office as they were still changing them over to bank accounts, i showed her my timetable and due to lectures being 9am-5pm i wouldn't make it to the post office and she put a note to pay mine into my bank account straight away. it went in today.

if you go in there early you'll probably be like me and be in the first 5 of the queue, and they are far nicer and more helpful to sorting you out. to be fair they don't like being on the phone because usually they at that time are dealing with the applicant who took the time to go into them and queue.

I spent my time in plenty of their queues, and it was early. I am not pleased by their rudeness, and how slow they are to process when everything they asked me for, they got in a timely manner. they are useless...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭rob w

I got a reply last friday to say that it has been approved, but payment to my account will not begin until i have sent a letter to SW confirming registration on my course. Still havent sent that letter to them yet, bbut have been paid into my account for the first time on wednesday! Surprised how smoothly things went with the whole process!!

Glad to have it sorted though!

Advertisement