Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friesian and lm Bullocks 400kg how much

• 02-08-2011 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

hey lads just wondering how much friesian and Lm bullocks are making now there about 400kg in the midlands good fleshy types?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i posted earlier i got €850 for 550 kg fr bullocks ... a lad before me had friesian bulls around 450 kg he was lucky to get €125 with the weight for the best of them top price he got was €600 but these where bulls, i was lucky there where 2 guys bidding against each other on mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

whelan1 wrote: »
    i posted earlier i got €850 for 550 kg fr bullocks ... a lad before me had friesian bulls around 450 kg he was lucky to get €125 with the weight for the best of them top price he got was €600 but these where bulls, i was lucky there where 2 guys bidding against each other on mine

nothing special about those prices

id say close to a grand for both breeds on average op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

irishh_bob wrote: »

not a chance for fr bullocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Haven't been to the marts in a while and won't be selling for another while

At a guess 400kg Friesians will make anything from 700-780 if they are decent quality. 400kg Lims, assuming they are not too fancy, will make 850ish. I would say your location in the country will also have a baring on the price

Let us know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭oooge1

sold twin fr bullocks born late june 2010 ,350 kg ,for 580 each, this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 jabby2

decided to hold off selling for a month but sold now,
    all bullocks lm weight 350kg - 400 average 2.05 euro per kg
    fr 390-400 average 1.58 euro per kg not fancy cattle by any stretch of the imagination.
    God help anyone buying store cattle there getting more expensive as the weeks pass, heres hoping the factory price continues or lads are going to be burned,

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Wigster

irishh_bob wrote: »

What kind of money would you expect when finished so?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭thetiredfarmer

I sold 2 fr blks 450kg for €750 each and 3 fr blks 465 kgs for €835 each nice square type in Carnaross on Monday last, happy enough with price !

Advertisement