Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with sat nav dvd

Options
  • 02-08-2011 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

recently got an updated copy of a dvd for sat nav for a honda accord 2009.
    when i insert the dvd an error message shows up and says cannot read disc . What could be the problem Thanks. JL.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What is the model of the device?
    Is the DVD of a new Map or a software upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jpmlynn

the sat nav is a built in unit in car.
    the dvd disc is a copy of the most recent 2010/2011 updated origional honda disc .
    this disc i bought on line from a company selling updated discs for different makes of cars in the uk. thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'm not familiar with that unit do you gave a model number?
    If you put the DVD into a PC can you view its contents?

I do not know the model number.

the company in the uk that i bought the first disc from sent on a replacement disc, however this showed up the same errors.
    both discs were returned for a refund.

someone said that i would need an original disc from honda, made by alpine?
    • thanks.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with that unit do you gave a model number?
    If you put the DVD into a PC can you view its contents?

I now it to be an Alpine DVD unit

Did you try the disc in a PC to see if you could view the directory?

I received a second replacement disc from the uk but it showed up the same error messages so I returned both for refund.

They say they have not seen this problem before with their disc.

I heard that these units by honda only work with a genuine alpine/ honda disc supplied by honda?

thanks

Possibly coded that way allright.
    Glad you got sorted with a refund anyway.

Advertisement