Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Instant eyeshadow strips

• 03-08-2011 12:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where you can buy it?

This kind of stuff

colorOn-South-Beach-eyeshadow-sephora.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

I have seen them used and they're useless. Honestly, I wouldn't use them if I got them for free. I think Avon do some if you really want to try them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

So I'm going to die without ever being able to do nice eyeshadow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Have you tried ebay?? You might find some Japanese version for cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

I just watched a review on the avon ones says theyre about a tenner for a 14 pack... although living out in the sticks we don't even have an avon rep!
    Was hoping boots or somewhere might sell them but of course, we live in Ireland... unlikely :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

You'd be much better off buying an eyeshadow palette with a few different shades of colours that will blend and get a brush set and practice!

Youtube has some amazing tutorials.

Boots do some reasonable brushes such as Ecotools and you should be able to find some nice eyeshadows to practice with. Start with neutral shades and you won't go far wrong!

Seriously its not rocket science and its something worth learning how to do.

If you had a bit more cash you could go to a department store and get them to show you how to apply the shadows you are buying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 MildredW

Hi OP,
    Maybe these might be of interest to you?? They are available in Boots and other good chemists. Also come in a few different colours, this is just an example...

http://www.maxfactor.co.uk/uk/products/Eyes/Eyeshadows/SmokyEyeEffectEyeshadow/detail.aspx

It seems pretty easy to use and might be easier for you to blend rather than using brushes?! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

I have not tried them but have heard of them and they look like a total gimmick. The main problem with them is everyones eyes are a different shape and size therefore how can one strip be the right size and shape for all? Don't be fooled by the pic. I agree with the poster above, spend your money on a decent palette. But also get a decent blending brush similar to the Mac 217 (they are expensive but boots no. 7 do a similar copy aswell as sigma etc). You need that to get the blended/gradient effect you wont get without brushes. And finally, check out tutorials on youtube and follow one you like.

Advertisement