Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90si Fail

• 03-08-2011 8:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

Looks like there are a lot of Electric shower fails in here. I hope you guys can help.

I live in a granny flat type 1 bed apt and on monday my shower ( type in title ) started making funny sounds and stopped heating the water and dispensing the water. The only water now coming out of my shower is a stream of cold water when I turn it on. The red light turns on and there is a buzzing sound as well, much much quieter than the usual everyday shower sound.

My landlord is on holiday and I haven't been able to get a hold of him. I thought I would get a shower repair person in myself as a result, but I have no access to the attic where the tank is. It's in a part of the flat I have no access to.

I have no idea how these showers work, so if I get someone in, do they have to access the tank?

I am a bit lost I hope you can help. Thanks :)

PS: Thank god the showers at the gym are nice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Looks like there are a lot of Electric shower fails in here. I hope you guys can help.

I live in a granny flat type 1 bed apt and on monday my shower ( type in title ) started making funny sounds and stopped heating the water and dispensing the water. The only water now coming out of my shower is a stream of cold water when I turn it on. The red light turns on and there is a buzzing sound as well, much much quieter than the usual everyday shower sound.

My landlord is on holiday and I haven't been able to get a hold of him. I thought I would get a shower repair person in myself as a result, but I have no access to the attic where the tank is. It's in a part of the flat I have no access to.

I have no idea how these showers work, so if I get someone in, do they have to access the tank?

from what your saying i reckon the brushes for the motor inside the shower are worn and need to be replaced. if theres not a strong enough flow, the heating element of the shower will flucuate or even not operate.

i dont reccomend you take the cover off the front of the unit as its dangerous if you do not know what your doin but if the shower is on you should see the motor for the pump turning at high speed. if its not turning then 90% sure its the brushes worn and needing to be replaced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

Depending on the location of the shut off valve,access to the tank may be needed to shut the water off if certain parts of the shower need to be replaced.not all the parts that can fail would need the water off though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Could be the brushes alright, although they usually last the lifetime of the shower, but can wear down alright. They can also jam in their holders.

The pump also usually has a thermal fuse on the side of them, although i never seen them going on a shower yet. Slight possibility of a connection problem onto the pump, but again this would be rare as the pump is a very small load, but the connections are usually just push on spades.

Once the pump is not running, the elements wont come on. The start button only switches on the solenoid and the pump, and nothing else in the shower. The pressure switch then switches on the elements.

Someone will need to be called in to look at it anyway OP.

Advertisement