Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joke

Options
  • 03-08-2011 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭

Just got a warning and my thread deleted for some no reason.
    Here is the start of the message:
    Dear Kev_ps3,

You have received a warning at boards.ie. This is an automatically generated message.

Reason:
    Breach of Forum Charter

No Reason given

The rest of the message:
    Originally Posted by Kev_ps3 View Post
    U.S. is parasite on global economy...
    Fair play to him for saying it like it is

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/putin-says-...043606659.html
    Please be advised that your Youtube post had been reported by our members. Upon review, it was discovered to violate the following guideline, and has been closed accordingly:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scofflaw View Post
    Do not make video-only posts. Argument by video is meaningless, because any part of a video can be selected to show whatever is wanted. Argument by Youtube is not acceptable.

It wasnt a youtube video! It was a yahoo article! The mod didnt even check the link but gave me another joke of a warning, the second of the day, the first for calling some prick who insulted me a nerd:rolleyes:
    Also he removed my thread completely, probably because it clashed with his politics. The mods name is black swan btw.
    The isnt the conduct of a forum that listens to all sides.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

from your own post above:
    Dear Kev_ps3,

You have received a warning at boards.ie. This is an automatically generated message.

Reason:
    Breach of Forum Charter

looks like the reason was : Breach of forum charter

from the politics forum charter:
    Posting a link to a video hosted elsewhere does not constitute discussion. Not everyone is able to watch videos, for technical or other reasons, and points raised on a video are almost impossible to refute. It's OK to link to a video, but it should be accompanied by a detailed summary of its contents and arguments, and you must be prepared to discuss it.

from your post:
    Fair play to him for saying it like it is

<link to video here>

the warning, as far as I can see, was for a post in breach of the forum charter. Which , from what I quoted, is exactly what your post was. It doesnt matter if the mod didnt look at the video, why should he/she? your post was a link to a video with no description or discussion. the thread title was "U.S. is parasite on global economy
    " . before clicking the link to the video (which has no clues as to its contents either) I would like to know

1. who is "telling it like it is?"
    2. is it a serious source? clip from a talk show? a comedian?
    3. what points are made that I should take into consideration when watching it?

For all I know it could have been a link to a clip of Max headroom saying "U.S. is parasite on global economy " repeatedly with an exaggerated stutter and a drumbeat.

as for calling someone that insulted you a nerd, if you are insulted, report the post dont make things worse by throwing an insult back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Kev_ps3 wrote:
    what are you smoking?? Its a an article not a youtube video:rolleyes:
    Hi Kev_ps3,
    Your thread had been reported by our members. We are a discussion forum, not a "news feed" where threads are launched with little discussion by the OP.

The YouTube reference was in error. We were very busy at the time. Apologies for the confusion.

Rather than the YouTube reference, the charter citation that was meant to be sent was the following:
    GuanYin wrote: »
    1. Starting Threads
    Please remember that we are not ... a news feed ... if you are not willing to discuss what you post, then please don't post it.
    I responded to your PM very quickly with my PM, but you chose to begin this Help Desk thread before I could answer. The normal procedure is to discuss an official warning with the mod by PM, and if it cannot be resolved, then go to the Dispute Resolution Procedure.

Although I still believe that the thread should remain closed, as it was a "news feed" link with little discussion per charter, I am willing to request a reversal of the warning, due to my error in citing the YouTube guideline, rather than the appropriate "news feed" guideline violation.

Once again, we could have easily resolved this small issue by PM, if you had given me a chance, and without all the inappropriate accusations of bias.

Sincerely,
    Black Swan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement