Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hubby sick...

Options
  • 03-08-2011 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Ok, partner but the distinction is almost nothing...

Anyway, he's never sick, never has a cold or anything, but on sunday he woke up with a sore tummy which escalated into nausua, vomiting (tmi?) and cramps so bad I worried that he had an ulcer and he eventually went to the doctor. Doctor sent him to hospital where he spent the night. But after a bunch of test they said it was just a bad tummy bug and sent him home.

Sort of funny side to it - though not really - is that it's almost like he'd got my pregnancy, only condensed. Getting sick, cramps almost like contractions etc... Told a few girlfriends about it yesterday and they weren't terribly sympathetic - "make him realise what you're going through.." was the basic reply.

And ya, it does. But at the same time, it's making me realise what he was going through, watching me with morning sickness. It was really hard watching him do "my" running up the stairs thing...

On another note, I ordered my wedding dress yesterday! :-D She wrote down "happy with sample size 14, pregnant when ordered" on the form! :-D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Pah, the opposite happened with my husband. On my first pregnancy, I was in hospital for 11 days, was induced and then ended up having a section. My hubby was with me every step of the way and at the time he was like 'oh poor you and all that you went through'.

Last year he ended up in hospital for 10 days in excruciating pain. Initially they thought it was gall stones, but it's turned out to be auto-immune pancreatitis. They gave him morphine, which didn't work, he was on a trolley in A & E for 2 or 3 days, he had all kinds of scopes and scans, but no actual surgery.

Anyhow, he's basically lost any kind of sympathy or compassion he had for me with the pregnancy and says he was far worse off than me and says childbirth is nothing in comparison to what he went through :eek: Now, I've never had gall stones or any other gastro type thing so I can't compare, likewise he's never had a contraction so he can't compare either. But I hope to good god I end up going into labour and giving birth naturally this time and I'm going to spend every single minute of it showing him exactly how painful it is :mad: ;)

Sorry, that's not the kind of happy thoughts your opening post was filled with, but you opened a can of worms now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Anyhow, he's basically lost any kind of sympathy or compassion he had for me with the pregnancy and says he was far worse off than me and says childbirth is nothing in comparison to what he went through :eek: Now, I've never had gall stones or any other gastro type thing so I can't compare, likewise he's never had a contraction so he can't compare either. But I hope to good god I end up going into labour and giving birth naturally this time and I'm going to spend every single minute of it showing him exactly how painful it is :mad: ;)

Sorry, that's not the kind of happy thoughts your opening post was filled with, but you opened a can of worms now :D

Hey, I did ask! I've also mentioned to himself that I will take great pleasure in holding his hand the entire way through the labour! Cue him calling for a foam hand replacement! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MonGal

I have experienced both pancreatitis and childbirth (lucky me :rolleyes:) and can safely say that childbirth was the most excruciating pain I have ever been through....not helped by the fact that I refused all pain relief available to me, to see if i could "tough it out" :o.....I was very headstrong at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

You'll probably hate me for this...I've had gall stones and I'd take labour over them any day:eek: They really are painful:(

BUT...If you want to give him an idea of what labour is like, give him a joint of roast beef and tell him to stick it up his nostril :eek::pac::o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

i had a natural birth after being induced - painful but i suppose i was lucky it was only 6 hours. but my dh keeps saying 'oh it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be, it was grand':( ah how does he know? it does my head in!
    funny he had some of my symptoms when i was pregnant though, funny:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 beanser

Lucyfur wrote: »
    BUT...If you want to give him an idea of what labour is like, give him a joint of roast beef and tell him to stick it up his nostril :eek::pac::o:p

ha ha ha ha!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement