Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Upgrade

Options
  • 03-08-2011 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi

I have been on eircom 3mb for a while, yesterday I asked them to up the speed. They said the max I could get was 12mb, so I went for that.

I check this morning, and the sync speed on the modem has increased to 12mb, but I am still getting the old speed (about 2.5 MB/s)

They did tell me It would take 24 hours to kick in. But once the sync speed is changed is that it? or is there something else that eircom need to do before I will get an increase in speed?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to eircom forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

marathont wrote: »
    Hi

I have been on eircom 3mb for a while, yesterday I asked them to up the speed. They said the max I could get was 12mb, so I went for that.

I check this morning, and the sync speed on the modem has increased to 12mb, but I am still getting the old speed (about 2.5 MB/s)

They did tell me It would take 24 hours to kick in. But once the sync speed is changed is that it? or is there something else that eircom need to do before I will get an increase in speed?

thanks

Hi marathont,

Can you private message me with your telephone number I can look into the upgrade issue for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

marathont wrote: »
    Hi

thanks

Hi marathont,

Yes the order is still processing so it may take 24 hours to fully complete. However with the 24NGB upgrade eircom send out a new ADSL2 enabled modem. So Once you receive that if you connect it you should get the full speed available on your line.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement