Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Therapy dogs

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 niceday7

Hi there

We just got letter today from ITD - they invited us for assessment 19/july ..so wish us luck...:) i hope max gonna pass it.any tips how to get prepared? Max has still some issues with jumping tho :( i hope this wont stop us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

after a request by my local old folks home,i have since taken my english bulldog twice to visit them,the joy you see on their faces when he goes over for a pat is well worth it.recently a friend of mine came back from new york after being in hospital told me she was paid a visit by a bully and its owner,who went on to tell her, as she was english they thought she might like to see something english,[thats the states for you]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

This is going back years and in the Uk but I did handicrafts etc for a local nursing home and then started taking two of my cats in with me.

As others have said, the effect on the residents was wonderful. One of my Siamese was blind, and would not respond to any voice but mine; the old ladies spent ages trying to get him to them. Then i would put him on their laps.

Does it have to go through a huge organisation or will local homes, maybe privately run as this one was, allow casual visits?

When trading I see so many who love to meet dogs. Faces light up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Graces7 wrote: »
    This is going back years and in the Uk but I did handicrafts etc for a local nursing home and then started taking two of my cats in with me.

As others have said, the effect on the residents was wonderful. One of my Siamese was blind, and would not respond to any voice but mine; the old ladies spent ages trying to get him to them. Then i would put him on their laps.

Does it have to go through a huge organisation or will local homes, maybe privately run as this one was, allow casual visits?

When trading I see so many who love to meet dogs. Faces light up.
    its very much down to the care home,visit the web ,pet friendly care homes/nursing homes UK.,there are thousands on them in all areas of the UK.

Advertisement