Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Infractions in general

Options
  • 03-08-2011 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭

Recieved my first infraction about a week ago in the Amy Winehouse RIP thread. Was gonna dispute it at the time but figured its only an infraction, so why bother.

Question I want to ask is, do infractions matter in the long run? I ask because it still shows up on my CP that I've recieved one and it has expired. Can it come back to bite me in the ass down the line, or it it ignored?

I just don't want to be arguing my case against something in the future (hypothetically) and be told "Well we can see here you've already had ain infraction" and so on...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Infractions expire after 10 days. If you have 9 active infractions simultaneously, it's an automatic siteban.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Ah see that I know.

What I want to find out is, say for example there was a dispute for a ban or something down the line, am I gonna have this previous infraction held against me? Seeing as it has expired and was simply a "take it easy" warning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Previous history in the forum in question can be taken into account during moderator decisions. A warning wuldn't count for much though. If you think it's unwarranted then dispute it through the DRP.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Spear wrote: »
    Previous history in the forum in question can be taken into account during moderator decisions.

Just to expand a little on this point. Basically the guidelines are simple - every warning, infraction or ban should be able to be justified on its own merits, and the mod should be able to stand over their decision in the DRF if necessary. Where previous history comes into the reckoning is if a poster is a persistent offender in a forum or the site as a whole and has got themselves a bit of a rap sheet. In these cases past behaviour will most likely be taken into account to decide whether a ban is necessary to ensure that the poster behaves properly in the future. One infraction won't influence a moderator's actions, but if that happened to be your 5th misdemeanour (using 5th as an example, moderator discretion is applied here) in that forum in a relatively short space of time then the likelihood is that you'd end up with a ban rather than another infraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Ah well theres no worries about a few building up anytime soon.

Think I might dispute it anyway just to get rid of it.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement