Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chat about Islam - for Non Muslims and new Muslims

• 03-08-2011 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Assalaam Alaykum - Peace be upon you!

As a revert Muslim myself since 2008; I have found this website to be very useful for Non-Muslims or new Muslims to ask questions about Islam.

www.chatislamonline.org

Peace,
    Yusuf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭annoyingbeast

yeah but can you prove god is real? or mohammed was sent by him? did'nt think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Yusuf34

Holy Qur'an - Chapter 51 : 20-21

On the earth are signs for those of assured Faith. As also in your own selves: Will ye not then see?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Do you have to change your name if you take Islam on?

Unless you have an offensive name; you do not have to change your name.

Allah knows best;

Peace,
    Yusuf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

What would an example of an offensive name be?

• Advertisement

using common sense...

any name that goes against the islamic beliefs like 'slave of the sun' or any name with a sexual or vulgar connotation that would cause upset for the person and people around them.

Allah knows best!

Peace,
    Yusuf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

was yesterday some special day ? All my nieighbours were all dressed up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

One notable characteristic of Sharia is that the family of a murder victim can pardon the murderer. In Islam the victim or the victim's family are the judges for all crimes; they decide what the punishment shall be under the supervision of a jurist who knows the Qur'an.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

was yesterday some special day ? All my nieighbours were all dressed up

Eid Ul Fitr

Advertisement