Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to offer - Wicklow bungalow

Options
  • 03-08-2011 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey guys, im new to this so in advance,apologies if i mess up or place this somewhere its not meant to be.... anyhow moving on.

Iv been looking at a property in wicklow region, its a bungalow, with upstairs available for converting.It was built in the 1970's and there has been no deocrating done since to it.The current owner lives in the UK and only ever used it as a holiday home.

The property went up for sale about a year ago, and has fell in price starting from €205,000 to €175,000 in November,then in february to €159,000 now its gone again to €140,000...

Iv had engineers check it out etc... and i am happy enough.However ..what region do you reckon to start going in at?im completely new to this and honestly have no idea?

ALL ADVICE WELCOME :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

hard to know without seeing the exact house (website link?), but with the work needed to be done I wouldnt pay a penny over 100k

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

You're not giving us enough information to be certain but 80K to 100K is a guess for a 2 bed one, frankly I wouldn't bother for more than 80K by the sound of it.

Base the price on local rents.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 littlemoo

theres the house... if that helps.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭swirlser

I wouldnt have posted the link imo ;-p

Just give out more details...

Sq ft., bedrooms, estimate figure on work needed to modernise and how much are properties in the area going for as close to comparable with the one you are after...

Your really going to have to factor in how much you want it and how much the work needed will come in at. As a rough guide - consider 20-30% below that current 140k price tag.

Advertisement