Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I find out if my line is suitable for broadband

Options
  • 03-08-2011 11:55am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been informed that my telephone line is not currently suitable for broadband. the house next door can use it but apparently when our houses were built the line connecting us to landline was a 'splitter' line (sorry if this is the wrong term).
    I've been told that the only way to find out if anything can be done is to move to Eircom and get an engineer to check if anything can be done with the line.

My questions are : Is this the case? if so what do I need to do? WHat would be the costs involved in this? Also if I do move to Eircom and I can't get broadband am I in a contract?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

angeldaisy wrote: »
    I've been informed that my telephone line is not currently suitable for broadband. the house next door can use it but apparently when our houses were built the line connecting us to landline was a 'splitter' line (sorry if this is the wrong term).
    I've been told that the only way to find out if anything can be done is to move to Eircom and get an engineer to check if anything can be done with the line.

My questions are : Is this the case? if so what do I need to do? WHat would be the costs involved in this? Also if I do move to Eircom and I can't get broadband am I in a contract?

thanks

Hi angledaisy
    Yes that is possible, if you PM me your ltel number I can check this for you and advise.
    Tony

Advertisement