Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best headphones for travel

• 03-08-2011 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

going to austrailia on holiday and ia am looking for noise reducing headphones for the flights any reconmedations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I have GHK's love them, but they arent too portable. However that doesnt bother me they are comfortable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Anyone got any other suggestions. Traveling soon & looking for something decent and compact either over ears or in ears but not a massive dre beats or anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

I got these are they are the winner! £49 but if you click on Other sellers, you can get them direct from Amazon for £37.99 with free Supersaver delivery!

They are really good, only shortfall is that one the Battery runs out, you cannot listen to tunes. You'd need to carry a spare battery. Battery does last for ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I'm on my second pair of Sennheiser HD202s, only cost around 30e but I find they do the job. Use 'em for work and travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Bose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

If space is an issue avoid headphones altogether (backpacking or travelling light) and go with IEMs which take up far less space, are perfect for warmer climates (would you wear earmuffs in 20 or 30°?), aren't as conspicuous as headphones (perhaps attracting unwanted attention) and isolate better generally and don't require additional power sources.

Also from personal experience I can nod off much easier wearing IEMs than headphones as they don't heat up your ears or contact as much as your person.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

I got these in Tesco extra Naas on Friday

Seinheisser PXC 250 ii for €9 euro odd

Philips SHN6000 for ipod €3.70

They were the last of these on the shelves but they may be still knocking around in other branches. There were still a few PX100 ii left for about €8 at the front of the store. The prices on the shelves aren't accurate so you need to get staff to scan them for you.

Advertisement