Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nik Turner (Ex-Hawkwind) Western Hotel, Galway August 5th

Options
  • 03-08-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭

Nik Turner tours with his Space Ritual band at the Western Hotel, Prospect Hill, Galway on August 5th, where no doubt he will be ploughing through Hawkwind classics such as Brainstorm and Sonic Attack.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/41942

Gig was ok in the end apart from the distinct lack of early 70s Hawkwind material, I requested Brainstorm twice through the evening but he didnt play it. After looking at Youtube clips of his previous performance at Cork a few days before, he plays loads of Hawkwind stuff. He has let down Connaught Hawkwind fans badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Still milling about this Galway gig, why does he call his band Space Ritual yet he does not play one track from the Space Ritual 1972 / 73 period.

Well at least he done Steppenwolf, but I consider that more of a Robert Calvert classic than a track with a good Turner vocal, as opposed to Brainstorm which is the penultimate Nik Turner track. Anyway I upped the short clip of Steppenwolf on youtube.

Advertisement