Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax back if leaving country?

Options
  • 03-08-2011 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi, myself and hubby moving to uk and have given up our jobs here. Are we entitled to any tax back? Anyone know?!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭jocotty

rebseire wrote: »
    Hi, myself and hubby moving to uk and have given up our jobs here. Are we entitled to any tax back? Anyone know?!

Cheers

yes, i think you are - but if you return to ireland permanently, you will have to give it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

jocotty wrote: »
    yes, i think you are - but if you return to ireland permanently, you will have to give it back!

It would not be as simple as that. Tax matters never are.

OP, get in contact with revenue and ask exactly what you may avail of and what you will fall afoul of if you return. I suspect (and I am no tax expert) that the above comment by jocotty is in relation to whatever the current tax year is when you move only.

Advertisement