If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi-region Blu-Ray player

Options
  • 03-08-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any multi-region blu-ray players on the market. I have a region free DVD player at the moment and would like to only have to hook up 1 player to my main TV and put my current DVD player into the kids' play room. My reason for asking this is that I have lots of region 1 DVDs from when I lived in the US and it would be ideal to be able to play these as well as new blu-ray movies thru a single player.

Thanks,

Fergus

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi There Fergoc

Our Philips BDP3100 BluRay player can be changed to Region Free DVD playback, so will happily play your R1 DVD's no worries.

You cant unlock the Blu-Ray side of it however, this will remain locked to Zone B for Europe BR discs.
    Of course some studios dont region code their BR discs anyway, notably Warner, Universal and Paramount to name three.

The full specs for this player can be found here

This is a well spec'd player and produces a great image - we have them running on a few of out TV's instore and they really help show what the TV's can do image wise.

The BDP-3100 normally sells for €149.99 but is on offer at the moment for only €119.99 whilst stocks last.

Reckon this will do the job for you?
    atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 39 fergoc

That sounds perfect. Thanks for the rapid response. Looking at your profile, are you located in Dublin rather than the Richersounds store in Belfast?

Thanks,

Fergus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi again

Yep thats correct, I'm/we The Philips Shop is based in Dublin - 19/22 Dame street on the corner of Dame and Georges streets.

Richer Sounds is our Sister store and they are based in Belfast.

Call on into us if you'd like to see the BDP3100 in action or shall I reserve on up for you??

atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.