Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the tarot spread

Options
  • 03-08-2011 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

What does it mean if the final outcome card is missing from a reading?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

Lisa8786 wrote: »
    What does it mean if the final outcome card is missing from a reading?

I'm afraid I would need more information to even being to answer your question? Did the reader just forget to add the last card? Were you both in a hurry? Did it fall off the table, etc., etc...

I think just about any of us are going to need a few more details before tackling this one.

Melodi in the Midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lisa8786

ok sorry, i just don't know anything about the names of the different spreads etc. I had to divide the pack in 3. The deck that was used was one card short to complete the reading so the card used to fortell the final outcome wasn't there basically. That's really all I know. I don't know the name of the spread or anything like that so if you need to know that I will go back and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

I'd imagine either a card was lost or it was an 86 card deck using an unsuitable spread. Is there an 86 card deck besides the Enochian?

Thanks Viadah, I was going to post pretty much the same thing; I don't use any spreads that need a whole deck (though I know of a few) so that though had not occurred to me until I read the follow up post.

Some modern decks (including the one I read with) may not have the same number of cards as a traditional deck. But, most likely it just means you've got a lost card somewhere. Easy way to check is get a book or list on the Internet of every card; organize your deck in sequence and see which one is missing.

I did notice that the Discount Store in Tullamore had good old fashioned Rider-Waite tarot decks for about ten or twelve Euros last week, and Amazon UK often has decks cheaply if you can do mail order.

So the easy thing may just be to get another deck if one of your cards is missing, and use the old deck for things like meditation focuses rather than readings.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lisa8786

well i actually had the reading done for me and the reader didn't use the whole deck just the middle deck from the 3 splits i made out of the whole pack. usually people split the deck in 3 even piles but my middle pile was very small and that's why there was one card short during the reading. He said it happens very seldom

• Advertisement

Very strange and I'm not familiar with that particular reading spread - but I think the reader might have given you a bit more information than "it happens very seldom." I've been known to have the client re-shuffle cards in similar situations, though like I said I've never had this particular one show up - but I tend to do it if the last card is something that seems to leave everyone hanging. Something like the "Wheel of Fortune" or "The Tower of Destruction," I don't like to leave as "last cards" without another card or two to clarify them.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Terrible way to leave a reading for a client. It has you wondering if something awful is wrong. (Its not). I would have thought that a better thing to do would be to get you to pick another card to finish the spread but also consider, based on your spread, what the lack of a last card might have meant. No point just saying its rare without going deeper into what it meant for you.

Readings are helped by following a set spread but should not be a slave to the spread. Its up to the reader to be fluid and adapt to the individual clients circumstances. In this case, I think what the missing card might have meant is a poor reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

I agree with you. In my view in this case the tarot reader holds no right of asking money from the client. For he/she is just adding to the misery of the client instead of providing some clarity over the future.

To clarify what I was trying to say, and Oryx you said it very well, that was a terrible way to leave a client hanging. That's why I try never to end readings with either scary cards or cards that seem out of phase with the rest of the reading.

There are readings where the situation seems to be, "so sorry, someone else needs to make a decision first and until they do, the future is unclear," but that is in all honesty what the client needs to be told. This happens a lot in relationship readings, where the client is asking about marriage or a related topic and of course the other person has to decide to say yes.

Psychics who believe that everything is pre-ordained, don't like this sort of reading (neither do some clients) but because I believe that we have total free will, I don't. Although sometimes it is frustrating when someone really is coming to you for an answer and the cards just are not ready to give one yet.

My belief is that there is "destiny" (what should or is intended to happen) and "Will" what people chose to make of it. People can accept or reject their destinies, sometimes without even being aware they are doing so (actually happens a lot). I also believe that when it comes to "soul mates" and "life partners," there are usually 3 or 4 people floating around the planet that we can have these sorts of relationships with. Our life choices and decisions will help determine who (if any) of these people we meet and settle down with.

But that's just my personal belief system and of course I bring that into my readings, but there are many good people who disagree (and often strongly).

Advertisement