Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NZ Visa Question

Options
  • 03-08-2011 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

Ok, i am looking to apply for a WHV for New Zealand shortly only i have run into a problem.

I hold a UK passport and one of the regulations pertaining to the Uk scheme state that you must be ordinarily resident in the Uk.

Now i havent been ordinarily resident in the Uk for 15 years. Technically this makes me inelligible.

I was wondering has anybody been in this position before? How stringent are the checks regarding residency?

Should I supply them with my mothers address in the Uk and hope for the best? And should i wait till i arrive in NZ to apply or apply beforehand?

I appreciate its a long shot, but just maybe somebody out there has been in a similar situation before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭elementalwater

Hey there.

As a UK citizen you're eligible to apply for a two year working holiday visa. Because you aren't resident in the UK you can't apply for the two year programme but can apply for the one year programme. My housemate is in the same situation!

If in doubt run a search on the immigration website or email them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Hey there.

As a UK citizen you're eligible to apply for a two year working holiday visa. Because you aren't resident in the UK you can't apply for the two year programme but can apply for the one year programme. My housemate is in the same situation!

If in doubt run a search on the immigration website or email them!

Many thanks for your reply, bit of a weight off my mind, wasnt looking forward to trying to bluff the authorities ;)

Has your housemate been granted a visa, and did he/she apply in the usual way?

Advertisement