Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Offers (Using Last Years LC Results)

• 03-08-2011 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hey guys!
    So I'm wondering if anyone knows.

Last year I did my leaving cert and got the points I needed to do a particular course I want to do this year! However I never put it down on my CAO because I didn't know it existed till AFTER :P

However, I went on a PLC for the year in Radio just to pass the time and I put down the course this year using my results from last year.

Seeing as I'm not waiting on any results does that mean I get a Round Zero offer?

As the description on the CAO site is as follows:

"Round Zero:
    Offer Date: 4th August, 2011 from 06:00
    Reply Date: 10th August, 2011 by 17:15

In early August there may be a small number of offers of places which go to certain categories of applicant who are not awaiting current year examination results or who are assessed on other criteria, i.e. graduate entry medicine applicants, additional mature applicants and applicants presenting FETAC (2002-2011) for consideration for entry to courses with a quota for FETAC applicants may also be included at this stage."

Or do I have to wait until Round 1 like all the Leaving Certs?
    Any info is appreciated guys! Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Pretty sure you'll be waiting like all the other LCers because you mightn't get an offer if points go up/down, whereas Round 0 is for people applying using FETAC courses and stuff like that afaik!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

For the section you've quoted it sounds like you'll be waiting till round 1 as you're entering through the points system so you're competing with the rest of country, hence you'll get the offer on round 1. Round 0 is for those not using the points entry system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

No you'll have to wait until Round 1 like everyone else, you've applied in the normal way and don't fit into any of the categories above. I think people who've deferred their course for a year are Round 0 as well, just so they can confirm they're taking the place and that place be taken out of the pool for Round 1.

Advertisement