Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shotgun chambers ISD article

Options
  • 03-08-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else read the article in this months ISD about shotgun chambers? I'm just bringing it up as the was a thread about them a couple of weeks ago. I found it very interesting,especially what can potentially happen if you fire a cartridge that is SMALLER than your shotgun's chamber...any opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Didn't read the article , what is claimed about shorter cartridges than chambers ? I know firing longer cartridges than the chamber is dangerous as the cartridge tries to open in the forcing cone of the barrel and can't open fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

rowa wrote: »
    Didn't read the article , what is claimed about shorter cartridges than chambers ? I know firing longer cartridges than the chamber is dangerous as the cartridge tries to open in the forcing cone of the barrel and can't open fully.

No real problem with plastic wads, with fibre wads some gas can escape around the wad and lead in theory to a slight drop in velocity.

Advertisement