Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business broadband options in D2 area?

• 03-08-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all,

We're trying to boost our broadband speeds in the office in D2 but having trouble finding anything good enough.

I've checked UPC (no coverage here, maybe by end of year).
    Magnet can only do 24Mb/1Mb (need much more upload than that), or:

2/2 €300
    4/4 €500
    10/10 €800
    15/15 €1000
    ...per month, which seems pretty damn steep.

I'm looking for something with 10Mb+ up and at least the same down (30+ would be great) - does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? BTW, there's no fibre to the building...

I've scoured Google but it just comes back with the usual culprits (Eircom/Magnet/etc) and their abysmal speeds.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Paul.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

That is it in D2 unless you get Fibre or Digiweb Metro fixed wireless which is more like €200 a month for 10/10

http://www.digiweb.ie/business/products/connectivity/broadband/dedicated/

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭narnar2000

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    That is it in D2 unless you get Fibre or Digiweb Metro fixed wireless which is more like €200 a month for 10/10

http://www.digiweb.ie/business/products/connectivity/broadband/dedicated/

Thanks for that, but 10/10 looks to be €1885 per month at that link?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭YIA

Have you tried Host Ireland or Imagine WiMax?
    They both offer Wireless solutions up to and above 100Mbps Up/ Down.
    I've looked at Host and there offers seemed quite reasonable.

Try Airspeed as well.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Does anyone have experience with http://stresa.hostireland.com/broadband.html or http://www.airspeed.ie/ ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭YIA

That's the Host Ireland one I was talking about.
    Looks really good.
    I am currently tied into a business fibre package, but will definitely be contacting Host when that contract is up.

do you need layer 2 or layer 3 services , many people run layer 2 symmetric to a datacentre nowadays and get their layer 3 in there where it is cheap.

try strencom as well.

I won't pretend I know what layers 2 and 3 are ;)

Just really need to get fast, reliable net access for surfing, mails and ftp. Lately it has slowed to a crawl, but in any case, we have too many users (up to 25) sharing 2 poxy 8/1 Eircom lines. Need more speed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

narnar2000 wrote: »
    I won't pretend I know what layers 2 and 3 are ;)

Just really need to get fast, reliable net access for surfing, mails and ftp. Lately it has slowed to a crawl, but in any case, we have too many users (up to 25) sharing 2 poxy 8/1 Eircom lines. Need more speed....

Did you try Colt Telecom & here
    Colt Telecom Ireland acts as the Irish eyes of parent company Colt Group, in an effort to compete with the likes of eircom and BT Ireland. The subsidiary provides telecommunications services, including voice, data, and managed services, to midsized to large businesses. It also offers VoIP computer telephony service and provides DSL broadband services in partnership with Netsource. Colt Telecom Ireland's 160-km-long fiber network is one part of Colt Telecom's 20,000-km-long network, which covers 13 countries in Europe. Colt Telecom Ireland has had a presence in Dublin since 2000.
    no harm in asking.......

Advertisement