Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever met any famous people and what were they like?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Yep, in Kingston, Surrey, no sh!t. It's bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Yep, in Kingston, Surrey, no sh!t. It's bizarre.

sorry, I think you need professional help

He doesnt have nice glasses either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I definitely need professional help, but the man still runs a Spec Savers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Jayob10 wrote: »
    heres something extremely random for ya, had a snog with the woman who plays Carla Connor in coronation Street. She was in a programme called dream team at the time. She was 10 years older than me too, I was only 18! Had no idea who she was until after, stayed in touch for a year after, lovely lady

met Timmy Mallett in Mayo aswell years ago, asked him where his mallett was and he looked at me as if I had 20 heads :P

you lucky lucky bugger!

thats gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

Kim and Kelley Deal after a Breeders gig in the Ambassador about 9 years ago.

Met some of the lads from Jackass about 9 years ago at a party in Spirit on Abbey St.

Sharon ni Bheolain was a teacher in my secondary school but she only taught my class once. Not a nice lady IMO.

Haven't met anyone remotely well known in a decade.

Sharon ni Bheolain can discipline me any time she wants!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the fella that played dick byrne in father ted - tosser
    gerry ryan - tosser
    michael mc elhatton - sound and funny
    sinead o connor - weird
    brent pope - sound
    eammon owens (the butcher boy) - very nice bloke
    john giles - loves my food

a few others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

My Chemical Romance.
    Nice guys.

I know they came out to the front of the ambassador in 05 to fans after the gig and chatted to everyone, I've heard some accounts of them being a little more rushed or disconnected at bigger venues did you just meet in passing kind of thing or end up getting sloshed with them kind of run in? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

I knew Noel Dempsey when he was a career guidance counsellor in Trim - a complete pr1ck. Met him again when he was a minister (environment, I think) - still a complete pr1ck.

I've met one of my heroines on more than one occassion - Lydia Foy. Eccentric as be damned, great fun at a party, and very very intelligent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Ardall O'Hanlon - not a nice guy, quite standoffish and cold. Although it probably didn't help that people started singing my lovely horse to him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Met and got a photo with Beram Kayal. The guy is a gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Met Ronnie Drew a few years ago, he was an absolute gentleman. Both himself and his wife were very pleasant to chat to, really down to earth.

Duke Special was lovely too, very quiet and mild mannered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

saa wrote: »
    I know they came out to the front of the ambassador in 05 to fans after the gig and chatted to everyone, I've heard some accounts of them being a little more rushed or disconnected at bigger venues did you just meet in passing kind of thing or end up getting sloshed with them kind of run in? :P

Was queing for their london date last october..heard they were going to have an interview on bbc..so headed over to the studio :P Turns out they were an hour late for their slot but they came out after and signed and stuff (even though they were in a rush to get to the venue + soundcheck)

Pre-concert meet+greet for their show at the o2....:pac:

But they did come out on most of the dates for that tour afterwards (except dublin/glasgow cos they were sick) and only heard good things about meeting them after..their security is very efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Packie Bonner - meh :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

One of the most interesting I met was Shane McGowan in the pub lashing back the drink at lunchtime! Mad man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Don't know how true it is but it gave me a laugh.

This guy works at a shop near Chelsea's training ground. John Terry entered the store one day and placed a big delivery asking if he could get it delivered to his home. The guy said sure and asked him for his name and address.

He got the expected 'do you know who I am' talk, so the guy played dumb for a while before saying "awwww yeah, your the bloke that missed that penalty in the champions league final!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

I don't know if you'd call him a celebrity but I walked headfirst into yer man from the Irish Independent restaurant reviews on the ferry to France.
    I also met Mickey Joe Hart and Mary McAleese was beside me when I was having a coffee and she said hello to me and smiled a lot. I dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Met Tom Watson and had the pleasure of caddying for him, very nice guy and really down to earth.

Also caddied for Ben Dunne (If he can be classed as famous?)
    He's a really nice guy too...Going down the first fairway I pulled out a box of smokes and asked him if he wanted one to which he replied "Jazus no. I have no dirty habits like that" with a massive grin on his face, he was caught with coke a year before hand lol

Met Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan too but they were very up themselves and didn't want to speak to the common folk you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I shared a minor poker tournament in Dublin with three others. It was about 4 a.m. so we decided to do a deal. One of the four was Mimi Rogers, actress, and first wife of Tom Cruise. She appeared in Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery as the mother of the female lead, and about 40 other films. Mimi had very cold hands. We shook hands on the deal.

One of the others was Bruce Atkinson, an Elvis impersonator, nickname "Senior Elvis". Bruce is a nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

kincsem wrote: »
    I shared a minor poker tournament in Dublin with three others. It was about 4 a.m. so we decided to do a deal. One of the four was Mimi Rogers, actress, and first wife of Tom Cruise. She appeared in Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery as the mother of the female lead, and about 40 other films. Mimi had very cold hands. We shook hands on the deal.

One of the others was Bruce Atkinson, an Elvis impersonator, nickname "Senior Elvis". Bruce is a nice guy.

You met "the" Senior Elvis??????

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Jayob10 wrote: »
    You met "the" Senior Elvis??????
    :D
    Uh-huh. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Jaxxy wrote: »
    Ronan O'Gara - Absolute tool.
    Met Ronan Monday in a restraunt just outside cork city wtih the full munster squad,and i must say he is a gent,real nice guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

The real question is has anyone famous met me. Ehh no, met a few B Listers, I could have got to know one of the B Listers intimately but I declined.

I did meet a guy whom I had that type of conversation "I know you from somewhere" he played along winding me up, then after about 10 minutes he said I am Damien Duff, then I felt like an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭SteppingStone

Dara Quilty famous? Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I've met and chatted to Jeremy Kyle and shockingly he was a cunt :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

more infamous met panos from the apprentice the other day around grand canal dock station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

CucaFace wrote: »
    Met Amy Winehouse in a bar in Camden 18 months ago.

It was surreal. She came into the Dublin Castle on a Sunday Night where we were after being at the Carling Cup final and she went in behind the bar and served away as if she worked there.

She was sober as a judge and the manager told us she did it on a regular basis.

She was honestly so nice and friendly.

Really feel sorry for the way her life turned out after meeting her.

Hope I never meet ya so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

I have met loads
    Kate Nash- Who was really nice had loads of time for us and took pictures and signed for us
    3oh3- They where really nice too signed for us no problem and took pictures with everyone
    Jessie J-Was really nice too signed my set list and my ticket
    Ellie Goulding- Would not take a picture just ran in to the stage door
    Florence and The Machine- Was not nice at all had no interest in us or taking a picture with us
    ADELE!!!!!! she was the nicest one I ever met, she had time for everyone, talking and laughing as always, She signed my ticket for me asked me my name, as I was walking away she called me back and asked me did I want a picture
    Professor Green- Was also really nice met him at his hotel but his girlfriend milly was a bitch

Thats all im giving away so far ;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

I've met and chatted to Jeremy Kyle and shockingly he was a cunt :cool:

was the child yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭my my my

i met gerri maye, she has soft hands

Advertisement