Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feedback

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Lemag wrote: »
    Suggestion - 'bargain alerts' megathread

Just start one up yourself, now. There's nothing stopping anyone starting a thread they think is a good idea.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

What would one have to do to get this thread closed?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    I get sweet FA ....
    Thought Citeh got the cup this year .............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

What would one have to do to get this thread closed?

Each of The Mods in turn.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Each of The Mods in turn.
    Is that an offer Sister?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Is that an offer Sister?

Do I still get tea and cake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

Is that an offer Sister?

Would you shout at everyone to take their turn at the front?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

And chastise interlopers for having a go?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

And give out to you for doing it wrong at the finish.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

RobFowl wrote: »
    And give out to you for doing it wrong at the finish.....

And make excuses for his poor performance because he was doing it with the vets the previous night!

• Advertisement

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    And make excuses for his poor performance because he was doing it with the vets the previous night!

Then post his power output for the event......

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    I was actually doing it* with the ladies the previous night;)

This feedback is getting way too personal, although I suspect going down this route is one way for Pete to quickly get his wish.....

* for this purpose "doing it" is also known as marshalling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I was actually doing it* with the ladies the previous night;)

This feedback is getting way too personal, although I suspect going down this route is one way for Pete to quickly get his wish.....

* for this purpose "doing it" is also known as marshalling

Do you always take pictures when you are "marshalling" or whatever it is the kids call it these days?

Raam wrote: »
    Do you always take pictures when you are "marshalling" or whatever it is the kids call it these days?
    Well at least I wasn't chasing them round in see-through lycra ...

Well at least I wasn't chasing them round in see-through lycra ...

Booooooom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Don't tell me those shorts are see through too? feck.

Raam wrote: »
    Don't tell me those shorts are see through too? feck.

Like you didn't know. Exhibitionist.

We'll leave this thread open until close of business tomorrow (Tuesday). If anyone has any further feedback comments get them in now.

Thanks

Beasty

We'll leave this thread open until close of business tomorrow (Tuesday). If anyone has any further feedback comments get them in now.

Thanks

Beasty

I think it's a while since any post not containing sarcasm, double (treble and quadruple) entendre or remarks about RAAM's see through clothing has been made.

I think this thread has died a natural death, come back as a vampire been staked, had garlic shoved down its mouth and returned as a lumbering Zombie (a la Shaun of the dead).
    Best put it out of its misery before it morphs into a Dawn of the dead style rabid zombie.

• Advertisement

RobFowl wrote: »
    a lumbering Zombie (a la Shaun of the dead).
    We left it open to allow him to provide some feedback;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Thanks

Beasty

Will there be feed back on our feed back before its closed?

Perhaps, we will of course take all your comments seriously, we shall peruse them and do absolutely nothing make any changes that you and we feel would enhance the cycling forum experience. We would like to thank everyone who contributed and remind you that this hasn't been an exercise to stop you from moaning a little bit longer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

As a wee addendum to this thread, I have tendered my resignation to those on most high, the admins.

As has been noticed, El Tonto, Beasty and the Cap'n have been doing all the work of late. I'm a bit busy in work, and haven't even been out on the mtb regularly in months! Poor show eh. So apologies to all for taking up space which a more active moderator could have used. I expect a replacement will be sorted quickly enough.

See yee in the boards jersey sightings thread!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Gavin wrote: »
    ...threat!
    :eek:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

What about a sub forum or stickie for race reports so people can post their experiance at a race. Always good to hear other people experiances. I see the Athletics/running/triathlone forum has something similar.

• Advertisement

MREGAN wrote: »
    What about a sub forum or stickie for race reports so people can post their experiance at a race. Always good to hear other people experiances. I see the Athletics/running/triathlone forum has something similar.
    We've already explained the sticky situation - there is no scope for any more permanent ones, and we are limited to 1 or occasionally 2 temporary ones

Most open and club races with significant boardsie representation end up with specific race threads anyway. In my case, where there is no race thread, I'll tend to put something up in the training log - if someone wants to read it they can find it. I personally don't think creating another sub-forum is of particular benefit - the ones we have tend to attract specific posters with a particular interest (either in the training logs because they have one themeselves, or are looking to start a training plan, or in the adverts sub-forum because they are looking to buy or sell something). I personally think any form of "racing" sub-forum would quickly die a death

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Hermy wrote: »
    :eek:

Whoops! Too used to typing that! Edited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

@Beasty Et al. On the sub forum issue. Several posters over the years have asked for an events sticky or sub forum. These have always been dismissed by the mods in charge at the time. I accept the stickies issue, however I still think a sub forum for events is a great idea. The events sub forum on ART gets much use from what I can see of it.
    Hopefully it will at least be considered this time around.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Lemag wrote: »
    Firstly, I felt that, with discussion allowed, some bikes/fleets would get far more attention than others. Forbidding discussion would eliminate this somewhat (there is the 'thanks' button) and the thread might therefore seem like a more welcoming place for boardsies with not so blinging bikes to contribute also.

I was one of the ones that had a problem with this thread. To be specific, I didn't have a problem with you requesting people not to chat, more so that it had suddenly become a rule that we were enforcing. I had reservations about having to infract people or delete their posts for making innocent comments, e.g. where'd you get that seatpost etc. I think a better approach would have been letting in run and seeing if the majority tended to stick to the rule or epxressed a desire that others stick to it. I'm much more comfortable giving people what they want rather than deciding what they want.
    ROK ON wrote: »
    @Beasty Et al. On the sub forum issue. Several posters over the years have asked for an events sticky or sub forum. These have always been dismissed by the mods in charge at the time. I accept the stickies issue, however I still think a sub forum for events is a great idea. The events sub forum on ART gets much use from what I can see of it.
    Hopefully it will at least be considered this time around.

We get lots of requests for stickies and sub-forums. One of the problems is that people ask for different types ones. Off the top of my head we've had requests for a racing sub-forum, a mountain biking sub-forum, an events sub-forum and a bike shopping sub-forum. And then there's a constitutency of people who don't want any more sub-forums because they hate having to click back and forward between them.

One of the things I've realised is that you can't please everyone. There's loads of things I hate about the forum but others seem to like. And with that in mind, I feel micro-managing its organisation can sometimes be counter-productive, i.e. while you've please one constituency, you've displeased another and created another administrative burden in the process. Usually I'm in favour of leaving things be unless there's a significant groundswell of opinion behind something. I think that's how the current spoiler rules evolved for example.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

We'll probably have a chat about what's come up and take it from there. We'd need to pick through the thread first and see what the recurring themes are.

• Advertisement

Thanks to everyone for their input to this thread

We'll get back to you in a year or two due course with any conclusions

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement