Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No directional sound with trittons

• 03-08-2011 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I bought a pair of tritton ax180s yesterday and set them up on my xbox, however when I am playing a game I cant hear what direction enemy footsteps or gunfire is coming from. I know that its not the headphones fault because I plugged them into my ipod and played a song which has different sounds coming from each speaker. I think it might be something to do with the scart cable but i'm not sure. If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

Have you gone into the system setting on the xbox to set it for surround sound headphones. Also on Black ops for example there is also a setting in game under options audio settings.

Hope this helps
    Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Alan_007_

dre_jspeed wrote: »
    Have you gone into the system setting on the xbox to set it for surround sound headphones. Also on Black ops for example there is also a setting in game under options audio settings.

Hope this helps
    Andy
    I tried that and it still doesnt work. Thanks anyway though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

1. Can you try a different scart to test it?

2. Can you test the sound without the headphones, ie, just using your tv's speakers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Alan_007_ wrote: »
    I bought a pair of tritton ax180s yesterday and set them up on my xbox, however when I am playing a game I cant hear what direction enemy footsteps or gunfire is coming from. I know that its not the headphones fault because I plugged them into my ipod and played a song which has different sounds coming from each speaker. I think it might be something to do with the scart cable but i'm not sure. If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks!!

Hey Alan,

Firstly, you do realise that your new headset is stereo sound, not surround sound? Therefore, at best, you'll tell if footsteps are coming from left or right, you won't be able to tell if they are behind you without surround sound.

Secondly, it sounds like you're not getting even the stereo sound to work. You mention a scart connection, do you have that plugged directly into your TV or have you connected the xbox's sound cables directly to the base station of the Tritton's?

Thanks!!
    Hey Alan,
    Firstly, you do realise that your new headset is stereo sound, not surround sound? Therefore, at best, you'll tell if footsteps are coming from left or right, you won't be able to tell if they are behind you without surround sound.
    Secondly, it sounds like you're not getting even the stereo sound to work. You mention a scart connection, do you have that plugged directly into your TV or have you connected the xbox's sound cables directly to the base station of the Tritton's?
    Hey,
    I do realise that they're not going to give me perfect surround sound but I can't make out which side footsteps or gunfire are coming from atall.
    Theyre plugged into a splitter cable that the two audio scart cables plug into.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

CORaven wrote: »
    1. Can you try a different scart to test it?
    2. Can you test the sound without the headphones, ie, just using your tv's speakers
    Yeah id say so. Ill try it out when I get home.
    Thanks

Hey,
    I do realise that they're not going to give me perfect surround sound but I can't make out which side footsteps or gunfire are coming from atall.
    Thanks

Splitter? Try plugging the xbox sound cables directly into the Tritton's base station and not split the sound between the TV and headset. See if that improves things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Hey,
    Thanks

One of these?
    http://www.hiconn.net/files/SCDC02.jpg
    A cheap one?

Thanks for all yer help lads I managed to get em workin :D

Thanks for all yer help lads I managed to get em workin :D

At the risk of you getting embarassed, do you care to share the problem/solution with us... for future reference ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement