Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody teaching TEFL in Oz?

Options
  • 03-08-2011 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have been teaching TEFL in Italy for just over 2 years now, teaching a mix of public schoolkids/ private schoolkids/business work etc. I am thinking about moving to Australia though as my wife is a Melbourne girl and she would like to give it a go there. I am just wondering what the TEFL scene is like there in terms of hours/money/opportunities etc. I have been looking on the internet and have found the information inconsistent to say the least.

I have CELTA and will probably have DELTA by the time I get there. I know it is a mother tongue country so therefore logic dictates there would not be as much demand as in a foreign country, however there are a lot of immigrants who usually need IELTS qualifications to get a job so I thought that might increase the numbers a bit. However I am only guessing.

Any information from any current of former teachers would be much appreciated:)

Advertisement