Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well, the skill trees are up, so maybe this will help you make your decision:

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/#characters

Apparently Maya can be the medic class now, while Zero seems to be a hybrid of Lilith and Mordecai.

Nice find, thanks man.

Well thats that settled, Axton is getting picked.

The last level of his 'Gunpowder' is called Nuke - sets off a nuclear blast when you deploy the turret. The next level of Nuke is "Ipotent and Obsolete? Hardly!"

Wait, Zero sounds brilliant as well. Crap can't decide on the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

13 more days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭millgate1

Cokeistan wrote: »

fap-meme.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Cokeistan wrote: »
    millgate1 wrote: »
    fap-meme.jpeg

13? Pervert!!!!

:p

13? Pervert!!!!

:p
    Lol, I was fapping due to excitement ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Is anyone thinking of picking Salvador? Seems to be very quiet when it comes to him.

I was thinking of it. Although I'm not sure how good his duel fire ability would be. I imagine you'd be limited to shotguns, as you're not going to be able to aim zoomed weapons.

Does anyone know if the price of the season pass goes up after the game launches?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Just preordered :D Can't wait for this!

grizzly wrote: »
    I was thinking of it. Although I'm not sure how good his duel fire ability would be. I imagine you'd be limited to shotguns, as you're not going to be able to aim zoomed weapons.

Does anyone know if the price of the season pass goes up after the game launches?

Didn't think about that. Maybe your accuracy is greatly increased while dual wielding? I don't know :P

The price of the season pass will be €30. Four DLC packs will be release in between September 2012 to June 2013, each will cost €10 separately. So yeah, 10 euro off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Started playing Borderlands 1 again, but on the PC this time...they nerfed New Haven...QQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I only played Roland so I'm going to go with Zer0 for this. I might break it up into single player and multiplayer character though

• Advertisement

Anyone buying the game for PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Didn't think about that. Maybe your accuracy is greatly increased while dual wielding? I don't know :P

The price of the season pass will be €30. Four DLC packs will be release in between September 2012 to June 2013, each will cost €10 separately. So yeah, 10 euro off :D

Fook that, GOTY edition it is for me then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Never got borderlands, thought it looked a bit weird.

But watched a good few videos today and it looks really impressive, thinking about getting the first one as well.

I'll pick it up on PC, as my desktop could run it easily, just wondering could my laptop?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Never got borderlands, thought it looked a bit weird.

But watched a good few videos today and it looks really impressive, thinking about getting the first one as well.

I'll pick it up on PC, as my desktop could run it easily, just wondering could my laptop?

Your laptop would be more than enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Yes.
    Pre-ordered it yesterday.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Yes.
    Pre-ordered it yesterday.

Yupp, me too and pre-ordered as well. Now just need to finish the walking dead and sleeping dogs before next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Skilltrees are now viewable on the website...

I'm avoiding videos and details about the game as much as possible, and can see why someone wouldn't want to see the skill tree's before launch. But, unlike the original game, there's a real chance I'll pick 3 of the characters this time (played Lilith in the original because Phasewalk was too good!) So I want to see the skills now, so I know who I'll pick when I get the game, and can dive straight in...

Zer0
    Salvador
    Maya
    Axton

EDIT: Ya, I completely missed post 269... Sorry Gingervitis!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Jesus, this is out in 11 days? :eek:

Have this pre-ordered from Shopto for ages, pretty god damn stoked. Played the first on the 360 so I could play with my flat mate but the controls really did bother me in places so I'm going with the PC this time around.

Character wise, I was torn between Zero and Salvador but between the amount of fun I had as Brick in BL1 and the latter's Brawn skilltree, it's gona have to be the Gunzerker for my first playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Surprised at the lack of love for Maya. I think she looks the most interesting and will be fantastic in group play!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not only getting it on PS3 but i'm considering getting it off PSN, price is higher but i have 2 PS3s and no intention of ever trading this game in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

In co-op can everyone play the same character? (e.g. four Zer0s)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Big Knox wrote: »
    Surprised at the lack of love for Maya. I think she looks the most interesting and will be fantastic in group play!

Was all set to use her! Phaselock has some really interesting applications. At the same time: Salvador... 2 guns... It's hard to completely rule him out.

No interest in Axton to be honest, and I reckon everone will pick Zer0, and while I'm tempted, I'd like to pick someone less popular (hipster-alert).

Currently looking like:
    1. Maya
    2. Salvador
    3. Zer0
    4. Axton

Currently arranging a LAN to play this on the Saturday of release weekend with some friends, and hoping we get 4 different characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Varik wrote: »
    Not only getting it on PS3 but i'm considering getting it off PSN, price is higher but i have 2 PS3s and no intention of ever trading this game in.

Why not just get two retail copies then? Two people in your house going to be playing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Both people can play it using a psn download once his about is on each ps3. Both can play with their own psn ids too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Varik wrote: »

Pre-downloads too, doesn't it?
    Not at home to check.
    Probably should have done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Just put in my pre-order there now. Hopefully I can get some boardsies up for some co-op on PS3. The guys who I played the original borderlands with have all gone to the US for work so it could be difficult to get regular times with them.

On edit: If anyone one PS3 looking for future Borderlands 2 co-op PSN is sarumite.

I think I have you added already so send me an invite if you see me in pandora!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What are the benefits of preordering?

If it's launch goodies, will they not be available off the shelf on Friday week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Mr E wrote: »
    What are the benefits of preordering?

If it's launch goodies, will they not be available off the shelf on Friday week?

borderlands-2_premierclub-mecromancer.jpg

THIS! go pre-order :D

*Gamers who pre-order Borderlands 2 from participating retailers will gain access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club, allowing them to download the Gearbox Gun Pack, a Golden Key, the Vault Hunter’s Relic and an all-new fifth character class, the Mechromancer. The Gearbox Gun Pack is a collection of unique guns to help players begin their journey on Pandora. The Golden Key is used to unlock a rare in-game item in the mysterious Golden Loot Chest found in the town of Sanctuary. The Vault Hunter’s Relic is an in-game item that boosts players’ gear-hunting fortune while playing solo or teaming up with friends. The Mechromancer character class will be available following the launch of Borderlands 2 once development of the character is complete. For those who do not pre-order Borderlands 2, the Mechromancer will be available for purchase at a later date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

CombatCow wrote: »
    THIS! go pre-order :D

Ah I see. But will this not be available in launch day boxed copies? It's just a bunch of redeemable codes....

What are the participating shops here?

Advertisement