Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah access to the "premier club" is just one redeemable code with all this content, I haven't seen or heard anything from Gearbox offering it outside of a pre-order. Gamestop, hmv, xtra-vision to name a few...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

which version do you ye think will play better ps3 or pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The PC is terrible at playing with people on PSN and visa versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

http://www.borderlands2.com/loveletter/

If you have a Nvidia GTX card you also get access to the PhysX features of the game which are unavailable on console versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,359 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Come on there's no competition

PC anyday of the week for FPS's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Headshot wrote: »
    Come on there's no competition

PC anyday of the week for FPS's

Don't start this, I prefer bf3 on my ps3 even though I can run it on ultra high on my pc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The PC version will obviously run better (how much so will depend on your PC of course) so outside of that it's a toss up between whether you want to play with your mates on PSN or via PC and if you don't have any on the latter, do you think you'll enjoy it as much with strangers or boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PC for me with other boards gimps.

Kids play it on PS3 and other than the shoddy GUI (which i beleive is fixed for B2) not really much gameplay difference other than who you intend to play it with.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm not trying to start a war now or anything,I have both a ps3 and pc I just can't decide which to get it for ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Eventually, I'll end up getting it for both the PS3 as well as the PC. But I'm starting on the PC. Almost certain I'm gonna buy the season pass too on PC and probably wait for something along the lines for a GOTY edition down the line for the PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Just preordered it. In the space of 2 days went from meh, to omg, to preorder.

Can't ****ing wait now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I must be the only person who'll be playing this on Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

BizzyC wrote: »
    I must be the only person who'll be playing this on Xbox
    I've this pre-ordered for the xbox.
    Looking forward to spending another few hundred hours in this one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Xbox here too.... :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If i pre-order it in Gamestop, but don't pay for it till the 25th, do i still get the dlc?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I'm not trying to start a war now or anything,I have both a ps3 and pc I just can't decide which to get it for ;)

I have PC,360 and PS3, il be getting PC version , its no brainer if you have a half decent PC, it will look and play far better.
    Ofcourse if you have more friends on the other formats it might be a better option.
    For me the vastly higher resolution,higher framerate,crystal clear voice comms on PC added to the PhysX features,proper mouse support and LAN make it an easy decision.

The fact im getting it free for PC makes it even easier to decide :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Kiith wrote: »
    If i pre-order it in Gamestop, but don't pay for it till the 25th, do i still get the dlc?

yup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Xbox player here too.

Feck it, gonna pre-order and get in early in this one for the co-op fun.

I bought the original cheap way after everyone had stopped playing, no fun on your own that one. (well it was ok, but be better in co-op)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Absolutely beaming. Thought I wouldn't get the premiere club with my pre-oerder from Gamesnash but they have just posted:
    Can finally confirm that our pre orders will include the pre order bonus premier club access. This get's you:

Gold Key: Unlock a rare item in the mysterious Sanctuary Loot Chest
    Vault Hunter's Relic: Boost your gear-hunting fortune with the Vault Hunter#s Relic
    Gearbox Gun Pack: Unique Gearbox Golden Guns to help you start your journey on Pandora
    New Character Class: A free download of the all-new Mechromancer character class

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I cant wait for this game, GTA V is the only thing I'm looking forward to more, 1 more week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jimmycrisp

Has anyone heard from Xtra Vision how much the loot edition will be yet? The lack of info is a bit worrying!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Absolutely beaming. Thought I wouldn't get the premiere club with my pre-oerder from Gamesnash but they have just posted:

Just pre-ordered on Gamesnash there now!

Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

I'm civilnug on Xbox Live as well so feel free to add me for some co-op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Apparently got a 9.75/10 from Game Informer.
    While the new classes and focused narrative are the marquee bullet points when it comes to this sequel's improvements, that's barely scratching the surface of the multitude of smaller upgrades. Inventory management and the user interface are much better, allow for simple buying, selling, and comparing of items.

All of the improvements would make for a standout title even if it were constricted to single-player. Considering Gearbox has continued to put this franchise in a league of its own when it comes to co-op, it elevates the game to something more. With its unmatched co-op gameplay, intense shootouts, addictive loot-collecting, expansive skill customization, hilarious dialogue, and insane level of replayability, Borderlands 2 is one of the most rewarding experiences of this console generation.

If you havent any friends on your account is there any matchmaking system to find people to play co op with?

9 days.

I don't think I've looked forward to a game this much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Since this is a bit more active I've a question regarding the original borderlands.

For the offline co op, is it possible to switch between 2 player and single player every so often or are you stuck to it the whole way through?

Also is it possible to play with 2 others online and 2 players local? If not is it possible to do in Borderlands 2?

Looks like good timing in getting this with 2 around the corner. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

tok9 wrote: »
    Since this is a bit more active I've a question regarding the original borderlands.

For the offline co op, is it possible to switch between 2 player and single player every so often or are you stuck to it the whole way through?

Also is it possible to play with 2 others online and 2 players local? If not is it possible to do in Borderlands 2?

I played BL1 coop on lan - it seemed to be that the second player just joined the first player's single player game at whatever point in the story they were at. I had a save file dedicated to multiplayer, as did the person I was playing it with, so it wasn't an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

tok9 wrote: »

Each save file is a character and has a level. So you can mix and match as much as you want.

I had around 14 on the go at one point and honeslty didnt care when i lost them as i could start again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

jimmycrisp wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from Xtra Vision how much the loot edition will be yet? The lack of info is a bit worrying!

€120. I double checked, have €50 paid off to take off the sting. I must ring them to see if they'll do a midnight launch, getting 2 wisdom teeth out at 8am the day it's released (:() so won't be able to pick it up that day!

Advertisement