Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just bought the game off PSN and it says it'll download (automatically or manually whichever i set it to) on 17/09, i wonder if i mess with the clock after it's downloaded would it work offline.

The original was not that big and as it's not a PS3 only game it's unlikely to be crammed with uncompressed audio, 1 ps3 has 500GB in it and the other has 120GB which is rather full.

Planning on playing as Zer0.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Large image of (nearly?) all the enemies in BL2: http://img1.uploadscreenshot.com/images/orig/9/25601500656-orig.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

2 reviews in so far

IGN
    9/10
    Game Informer
    98%

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What platforms were they reviewed on I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭millgate1

2 reviews in so far

IGN
    9/10
    Game Informer
    98%

So excited now!
    tumblr_m3bwlpy0aC1r595qc.jpg

Very awesome scores!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Got my pre-order download code this morning from GMG.
    Does anyone know when it's possible to pre-download the game ahead of the activation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

What platforms were they reviewed on I wonder?

The IGN review seems to be on the 360, not sure about the gameinformer.
    There was scan from that yesterday though so may be on them.

IGN: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/14/borderlands-2-review
    (when did IGN change their website???)
    Got my pre-order download code this morning from GMG.
    Does anyone know when it's possible to pre-download the game ahead of the activation?

Is that for Steam or on console?

Is that for Steam or on console?

Steam. Bought it from Green Man Gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Steam. Bought it from Green Man Gaming.

Did you get it to activate on steam, my only worry is that you would need to wait till the game was releases for steam to let you activate the game.

No, I authorised it on Steam, but it won't download yet.

The mail I got with the authorisation code said this:
    "You are receiving this email because your game will be available for download on 14 Sep 2012 at 00:01 UTC."

I know that for pre-release games Steam can download them ahead of time, and then only activates the game upon the official release date, but I have never pre-ordered a game on Steam before, so not sure when I'll be able to download it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

have only ever preloaded valve games.

Dont recall preloading any other.

I know that for pre-release games Steam can download them ahead of time, and then only activates the game upon the official release date, but I have never pre-ordered a game on Steam before, so not sure when I'll be able to download it.

I had thought this would be the case for you as well.

I pre-ordered Sleeping Dogs from G2Play a few weeks ago and was sent out a key. I added the key to Steam and downloaded a large chunk of the game but couldn't actually play it till it's offical release day (when steam unlocked it). I would think the same would apply for you.

Actually I just remembered that this only happens a few days before the game is actually released.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anytime you get a code which is activated on Steam, you will be able to pre-download a few days before launch. It's one of the major benefits about it.

Thanks guys. It was basically this bit confusing me:

"You are receiving this email because your game will be available for download on 14 Sep 2012 at 00:01 UTC."

But it didn't appear available for download, just authorisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Cheapest place to get a steam key lads?

If not on cheapest on Steam then G2Play or Green Man Gaming i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Saw the ad on telly last night, looked class

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

anybody want to add me on steam for co-op,,,,will this game have voice chat in game?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 thestranger

The cheapest place I found to buy the digital version of Borderlands is http://uk.gamesplanet.com/

Lads, for anyone whose got a PS3, there's a competition on the EU PlayStation Blog and winners get Borderlands 2 and a goodie bag with some smexy stuff in it. Competition is open to Ireland and over 18s only. All comments are read. Competition ends on Monday, just a heads up if anyone's interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

millgate1 wrote: »
    Lads, for anyone whose got a PS3, there's a competition on the EU PlayStation Blog and winners get Borderlands 2 and a goodie bag with some smexy stuff in it. Competition is open to Ireland and over 18s only. All comments are read. Competition ends on Monday, just a heads up if anyone's interested.

cheers mate

caspa307 wrote: »
    cheers mate

No worries, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Preload is go...only 4.5GB though...

Preload is go...only 4.5GB though...

How big is the full game? I heard reports of around 20GB!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*faints*

• Registered Users Posts: 54,359 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

*faints*

tumblr_m9lomreJ1V1rc1rn6o2_250.gif

lol

Headshot wrote: »
    tumblr_m9lomreJ1V1rc1rn6o2_250.gif

lol

hahahah :D

*faints*

Actually I'm not so sure now from looking around... looks like it may be half that size if you base it on requirements:

Minimum: Hard Disk Space: 13 GB free

Recommended: Hard Disk Space: 20 GB free

Least it's not as bad as Max Payne 3... now that was one large download!
    Hard Disk Space: 35 Gigs :o

I don't get the need for live action advertisements for video games. Mass Effect 3 did the same thing and it just looked overly cheesy. The one for Borderlands 2 looked more like a ramped-up version of the Power Rangers than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Sponge25

Is it Borderlands with a new story or has it got a new engine?

Advertisement